RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
So between this forum, rangerovers.net and my local independant most of my 2000 rhino edition's problems have been sorted or at least figured out, for now.
That said it is becoming time to find some of the more cosmetic interior replacement parts. Like the ever fleeting drivers seat and arm rest. Ebay has a few things but its slim at best. If anyone knows how to come across said parts I would appreciate it greatly.

Eric

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
As a Rhino owner, I feel your pain.
A few months ago I switched the leather over from my passenger to the driver's seat to try to slow down the aging process. Luckily, I did it before it got out of hand, and the transition should give me another 10 years on it. As for the armrest, they aren't switchable unfortunately.

I really, really doubt the dealer would be able to order anything for us. :crybaby2: Our best bet is probably just waiting it out on eBay and starting an inventory whenever something comes up for sale.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I can't say I didn't know what I was getting into but this truck has already cost me "a large fortune" as some of my non-rover friends would put it. I found a new shift knob on ebay for $200 and the guy said it lists from the st(d)ealer for $400. I can't wait to see what new seat leather goes for. I did call a Canadian dealership and of course they have no idea what I was talking about in the parts department. The only people that seem to know of the rhino edition at all around here are techs and owners. I'm heading to the states on Monday so I will have to check out the dealers along the way to LA. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Don't know if they are the same as the State's but on a UK version of Microcat it list a Complete Manual Seat Cushion for a Rhino at £870.00 I guess thats around $1700 US Dollars.

It makes no reference to the Seat Cover only or Electricaly Operated Seats, and as the Part No. is in Italics I think that means they may no longer be avaliable.

Cheers

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can take the armrests off. My drivers seat was re-leathered at some point, and they manged to do the armrest, which probably involved taking it off. I have never removed one, but I figured I would give my 2 cents worth :wink: .

·
Registered
966 Posts
lrscott said:
I'm pretty sure you can take the armrests off. My drivers seat was re-leathered at some point, and they manged to do the armrest, which probably involved taking it off. I have never removed one, but I figured I would give my 2 cents worth :wink: .

He means they aren't interchangeable drivers side to passenger's side like the seat cushions are. By swapping out the lesser-worn passenger side stuff with the drivers side stuff, you can even out the wear.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
Would it be worth while getting a quote to have the seats and arm rests re-trimmed in leather, that way the padding could be replaced if needed and everthing would be new and you wouldn't have to be buying second hand parts if which you may have problems with aswell. Just a thought.

As an example I can get a full interior done on my 1974 Mini Clubman for around $1000 Aussie dollars. That's the seats, door trims, dash panels, parcel shelf and head lining. Granted a Rangie is just a little bit bigger than a Mini but at a minimum you are getting one seat done and if they can do a good colour match that is all you would need.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Might be wrong here but hasn't the "rhino" got quite a Unique pattern in the Leather? hence part of the reason they called the model a Rhino, If this is the case i would think it would be difficult to match and still be rather expensive.

Of course I could be totaly wrong about it, but i'm sure any member that own's one will be able to verify one way or the other.

Cheers

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
kmagnuss said:
Matching the leather on a Rhino just isn't going to happen.
I just found some pics of the interior of the Rhino edition. Yep, I think you're right it isn't going to happen....

Bummer though it would have been a nice alternative.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why not contact Land Rover directly and see who pruduced the pattern for them and see if the supplier still makes it? If so you could take it to an upholstery shop and get them to replace the warn out panels of your seat, Just a thought. :think:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts