RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
After 5 years of only using the key as a key I came across the alarm system fixes page on the web site. So I bought a new "key 1" remote and upgraded the RF receiver to the current version. I then followed the "how to re-program a new remote" as per the main web site and it pretty much worked.

BUT I have some odd behaviour and I'm interested because I can't find any reference to anyone else having despite searching.

Alarm, the new remote works the alarm exactly as it should, both when used as a radio remote and when the key is in the lock. It arms and de-arms the alarm perfectly.

Central locking. WHen used as a manual key the car locks and unlocks as it should.

But whne used as a radio remote, i.e. when I press the lock button on the remote with the car closed up but unlocked what happens is the 3 passenger doors lock but the tailgate and the drives door do not. The alarm arms correctly. So I press the lock button and the 3 latches all click down but the drivers door one doesnt and the tailgate is unlocked.

When I press th unlock button the 3 passenger latches all pop up and the alarm is de-activated.

Help please.
My suspicion is that it may be a mechanical problem in the drivers door lock / latch. However before I tak ethe door apart does anyone know better or has anyone had experience of this sort of problem?

As ever any help gratefull appreciated.
Paul Cundy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick-the-Pick said:
Yes, you're right.

Replace your door lock. It's burnt out.
Lock or latch or both or door module?
The lock works. it operates the latch mechanically. the latch sends a message to the BECM that the latch is activated and so lock everything else. Th eBECM is working but the message it sends to the drivers latch isn't resulting in the latch activating?

So its the latch?

Anyone else got any ideas?

Regards
Paul C

·
Registered
820 Posts
You need to replace the lock mechanism. This is the component that houses the little motor that operates the central locking & is located inside the drivers door.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: New remote, odd door locking, SORTED

Rick-the-Pick said:
You need to replace the lock mechanism. This is the component that houses the little motor that operates the central locking & is located inside the drivers door.
Dear Rick and others,
thanks, replaced the latch and it all works.
regards
paul cundy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts