RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I replaced my rear air springs with Gen II's to hopefully fix the "rear at bump stops" most mornings. Well it still seems to be quite low in the rear this a.m. Not as bad as I recall it being before (which leads me to believe it could be the line connections to the springs) but I obviously have a leak. I'm just not sure where else to check.

I did soap up the lines to the new Gen II connections but I see no leaks. I'm trying to understand the air line routing to the rear -- is there one line that feeds both sides. Meaning if it leaks on one side it'll drop both air springs? I'm having other issues which may not be related like slow to rise in the a.m. which I'm guessing is the compressor on the way out.

Man I was convinced those new rears were going to fix the drop. Doh. :|

>>>EDITED to say it appears the rear passenger side is at bump stop while the drivers side is low but not quite at the stop. This tells me that it is most likely the line connection at the passenger air spring?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
have you rebuilt the valve block yet? if the airlines at the springs arn't leaking, the valveblock is the next likely culprit.

slow to rise in the morning is a combination of leaks (losing reservoir pressure) and a weak compressor. Time for an overhaul of both.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shupack said:
have you rebuilt the valve block yet? if the airlines at the springs arn't leaking, the valveblock is the next likely culprit.

slow to rise in the morning is a combination of leaks (losing reservoir pressure) and a weak compressor. Time for an overhaul of both.
Difficult to gauge at the moment -- it does look like a few bubbles come up when soaped at the rear lines to the springs, but it surely is not leaking if at all very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts