RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nice DD/grocery getter, but the poor suspension. They've neutered it! Can't blame them, they are going to the 99% of the market that will never leave pavement, much less flex the coils to the limit. If both ends are lockered up, I suppose it will do well.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have thought the suspension would be as good as ever. They can pick themselves up a fair way.

The low(ish) profile rubber on the 20's might not be so great off road. Nice place to sit though, while you wait for the chauffeur to change the puncture...

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I happen to know the 3 engineers who designed the latest L319/L320/L322 suspension and they say the suspension is the best it has ever been. It will certainly be more capable off road than any of its competition.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Rich998a said:
I happen to know the 3 engineers who designed the latest L319/L320/L322 suspension and they say the suspension is the best it has ever been. It will certainly be more capable off road than any of its competition.

·
Registered
221 Posts
knudsen said:
Nice DD/grocery getter, but the poor suspension. They've neutered it! Can't blame them, they are going to the 99% of the market that will never leave pavement, much less flex the coils to the limit. If both ends are lockered up, I suppose it will do well.
There are no coils to flex :wink:

I've seen the new suspension in action and it has as much travel as you can get from an independent set up, they all have cross-linking and optional rear lockers with std centre lockers, so no compromise there either. The tighter on-road handling comes from the adaptive dampers - a very clever piece of kit - and a few other changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts