RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few basic questions about my 2016 Range Rover Sport Diesel.

1) I lowered the height of the car...continued to drive when I got a notification that said lower speed for this height level or something along those lines. Then I noticed the vehicle went back up in height. I am trying to figure out how many height settings this car has, does it adjust the height level up and down on its own based on driving speed and can you lock it on a low level height? I noticed when I click on the button to lower the car...it goes down but the "raising the car" button then stays illuminated, not the lower one so I never know which setting the car is on unless I get out of the car and check.

2) Can the rear windows be programed so it comes up and down by pressing the button once instead of holding it?

3) Can I lock the glove box? For example, if I want to valet the car OR if I want to just have it locked? I dont see a key to lock it.

4) My first diesel car...I remember back in the days the diesel cars had a "knocking" sound which was normal. Confirming this is normal still on this car even though its not very loud.

5) Also, I have noticed a thump noise after I get in the car and prepare to leave after I close the trunk. Is that normal? I can't tell what it is lol.

I am new so thanks for the answers and help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
1) There are three height settings. It adjust itself from access (low) mode to normal mode when you go above a certain speed (10mph or 15... can't remember off the top of my head). The lock will keep it in that mode to a certain speed as well then move it back. My icons light up according to what mode I Am in. Bottom icon for access height, middle line for normal height, top icon for extended height.

2) May need to look at the manual, mine are automatic.

3) Use Valet mode on the infotainment screen. This will lock the glovebox

4) Not sure, don't have the Diesel, sorry~

5) Could possibly be the compressor running trying to adjust and balance the suspension with you getting in. I could be wrong about this, if someone wants to chime in and correct me that would be great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thanks for the valet tip thats a big one!

Can you send a picture of the light that shows which height setting you are in? mine always has the top one lit...unless I am wrong. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
1) as aamirani says, you should see the indication on the buttons of what height you are in. Also if you are not at normal height mode then there will be an indicator on the dash (orange light at the bottom of the display). If you are at an Offroad height then you can also see this in the 4x4 info screen - will show OR1 or OR2.
4) If your engine is noisy, then I would advise to get it checked out. These particular diesel engines are known for being relatively quiet, like a petrol engine. (at least mine is)

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
364 Posts
compressor for what?
for the air suspension

Also, your first 3 questions are all answered in the Owner's Handbook ;)

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
No the air suspension limits speeds in certain modes. There's access height, regular, and offroad height. As said above access height changes to regular automatically around 10-15 mph and offroad height also changes back to regular around 30 mph I believe. The 2016 should automatically go to access height when you park and open the driver door but that feature can be turned off.

Also sometimes you may notice randomly when stopped that the vehicle dips for a second--that's normal behavior of the air suspension leveling itself off.

The air suspension will give you a fault if it is not working to spec.

As for the power windows, all four are supposed to be auto but mine often have to be held or hit a second time to work properly. Probably the most annoying part of the vehicle to be honest as I always lower the windows when it's nice outside.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not going out, you just hear it kick on when the vehicle starts. Mine has made the thump since it was brand new. I use to hate it, I don’t even hear it anymore

·
Registered
19 Posts
'The 2016 should automatically go to access height when you park and open the driver door but that feature can be turned off.'

How can you turn this feature on and off? I have only discovered manually lowering to access height, when parking the car; but would love it if it did automatically.
And yes, I have read TFM.. (but have found no clue about this).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the rear windows to work. Just had to program it by holding the button down for a few seconds.

How come we can't play music from your iPhone using the USB cord?
and is there a way to change the setting where all the doors unlock when you unlock the driver side door using the door handle and not the key fob?

I tried finding this in the infotainment system but didn't find anything related to this stuff. Usually you can adjust the auto lock feature (for ex: auto lock the doors in 30 seconds or 1min and 30 sec etc).

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
98 Posts
Hit the menu button on the leftside steering wheel.(watch the screen next to speedometer) scroll down to Vehicle setup or driving features and look for 1. access vehicle height setting 2. door locking settings and choose your options
There are many setups done here. Also there are 2 USB ports in the center console make sure your plugged in the correct port ( then go to the imfotainment screen) for iPhone hookup

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
77 Posts
Not one to bash someone online but I will say posts like this make me genuinely concerned and highlight some of the shortcomings within the broader the RR(S) community/customer base.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
I got the rear windows to work. Just had to program it by holding the button down for a few seconds.

How come we can't play music from your iPhone using the USB cord?
and is there a way to change the setting where all the doors unlock when you unlock the driver side door using the door handle and not the key fob?

I tried finding this in the infotainment system but didn't find anything related to this stuff. Usually you can adjust the auto lock feature (for ex: auto lock the doors in 30 seconds or 1min and 30 sec etc).
You can it should go right to Apple car play, and if you open the car from any door handle other than the drivers door , all 4 doors will unlock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts