RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am the new owner of a 2000 HSE Kent Green with the air suspension still in tack. I am new to the P38A, but have had 3 Classics ('89 and 2 X '92). I have not had a RR in probably 7 years. Been toying with an Alfa Spider and then a 1990 Porsche C4. The Alfa is gone, but still have the Porsche and trade off between it and the RR as daily drivers. I have been a resident of Rennlist for the last several years which is an excellent forum for Porsches. I am glad to have found this forum for Range Rovers as I am an avid DIY. I look forward to learning more on the P38A so I can contribute back to the community. I am already dealing with a very wet floor mat on the passenger side which I am hoping was caused by a leaky pollen filter cover (thanks to the search feature helped me track down). Currently trying to dry out the mats which I see are very good at soaking up water just like the Classics (though I pulled those out of the Classics). Going Tuesday to pull off the window tinting. It is unbelievably dark. Cannot see anything backing up at night.

Do not have great pictures, but will try once I get the mat dry and back out of the garage.

Have a Happy New Year everyone.

Duck

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 P38 4.6 HSE
87 Posts
Nice to have you here. You'll find a wealth of info. But even more invaluable, is the help everyone on here is willing to give. I've saved about 3K with the info I've gathered here.
Good luck with your new ride. I wouldn't trade mine for the world.
And you're right. That is some dark tinting.
Nice to have you on.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
GORGEOUS RIG. I have only seen that colour once in person and your pics don't do it justice. COngrads on the new toy and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I had a choice of a 2001 without EAS and 2000 with EAS and this color. I liked the color too. Also I wanted the EAS. I thought it could be more of a challenge. The previous owner had a lot of work done on it before I got it including all new air springs and the head gasket replacement.

I will take some more pictures in the next couple days. The condition is not perfect, but for a 2000, it is pretty good. I like having the roof rack and the brush guard as well.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Great color. Love it.

Do your fingers feel slick after you touch the carpet? Does it smell sweet (ish)? It could also be the o-rings or heater core leaking. Not fun, but doable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not coolant as best I can tell. Looks like water and no smell. I replaced the covers to the pollen filters as these looked old. I also checked the ac drain which looks clear and I have drips when I run the ac. I just hope it is nothing to do with the windshield. I am drying it out and then will check again with a water hose.

I love working on cars and this one has a little more room to get under than the Porsche but considerably more electronics. Well the Porsche AWD is more complicated, but I will not be going off road with it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice truck, when was the last time someone cleaned out the sunroof drains?

Funny you say you are going to pull the tint off, I am just about to do mine just like that.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Removing all of my tint was one of the best things I have done to my truck. Less ghetto, better visability and a much neater, cleaner look all around. :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I have not checked the sunroof drains yet. I do not have RAVE yet (tried downloading on my Mac with no success). I am just not exactly sure where to look for the drains from the posts that I have read. The ac drains were easy as someone posted a picture earlier. If I had a sunroof drain issue, would there be signs on the headliner?

Thanks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2000, and for me, the sunroof drains were clogged. It would be the first thing I'd check.

Possibly, but in my case, I had no signs on my headliner (which was intact and original the day it died)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts