RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's going to be launched fall of 2012, be much lighter, not as tall, share a platform with the Sport, and have much more interior rear seat legroom as well as a 7 passenger variant...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArtic ... ?AR=248675

[attachment=0:aw892p08]LandRover-641010357568651600x1060.jpg[/attachment:aw892p08]

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
That is no way the new Range. One thing that I have learned about Range Rover is that they do not change the recipe too radically. After all, it has served them very well. Look over the past decades and you will see the same general lines. Keeping the very recognizable lines was also stated as an important point by their director of engineering. Porsche (911) generally follows the same strategy.

That looks to be a cross over of sorts. Maybe a car that is stealing the Range Rover name plate again but I can't imagine that is the new FFRR. IMHO

·
Registered
528 Posts
I agree with luxury1, but then again, look at the new Jaguars. I think the RR won't change much, especially in the hood design. I can't imagine going away from the sides being higher and stepped down to the middle. I trust RR will do it right. I don't give much consideration to the picture above. If that was seriously the new deisign, a G550 would be in my future 8~

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
Too many RRS design cues for it not to be the next sport. Not a RR. BTW, whatever it is, it needs to lose the Pontiac style body cladding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts