RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2016 RR Sport Supercharged (5.0 motor) with 38k miles on it. Car is clean in and out. The brakes and rotors are done so I got the brakes and rotors from a dealership. I managed to the rear, however, the problem is when I took the front driver side brembo caliper off and tried to press the pistons back, one of them is "stuck/frozen". Would loosening the brake bleeder help push it back? The car is still under warranty for another month, would this be covered under the warranty? Would they charge to look at it? If it is under warranty, will they charge me labor to change it out? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out this video, it might help. I replace my calipers to the brembo style. Purchased them from powerfuluk. I had to bleed all four wheels starting with the passenger rear, drivers rear, passenger front, and then drivers front. Was not difficult at all.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
100 Posts
Calipers should be covered under warranty.. pads and rotors are not .Tell them you know you have a frozen piston.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
380 Posts
I think there is procedure for releasing the EPB before you change the brakes.

Check the workshop manual, link in my signature (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I ended up taking the car in and LR replaced the caliper under warranty. LR tried to argue the brake pads are very low and shouldn't have waited that long before replacing them, which is what could have caused it.

I changed out the rotors and pads. Another issue I encountered is that the right side caliper bottom pin is stuck, despite my trying very hard to hit it out. I read that soaking it with PB Blaster a few times may help push it out. If that doesnt work, ill use a hand torch and force it out.

I also ended up doing a brake flush using OEM LR brake fluid since i was changing the brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts