RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm considering picking up a 97 HSE Visette. I have not had a chance to see the vehicle in person yet. I know the sunroof is not working though. It will go up and down, but not retract. I've looked around a bit, seems like it may be the plastic tracks which are pricey but possibly easy to replace? Anyone have experience in this issue? I also would like to find the factory floor mats with the red stitching to match the seats... ANy idea where to look for those? Called a Land Rover dealer today and got some of the crappiest service I've gotten in awhile and was told he couldn't find anything..
Thnaks in advance guys.
Brian

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Alot will depend on where you are located. Uk area call Rimmer Bros, here in the States call AB for parts. Your mats will most likely be a custom job to match your Vitesse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ya... I didn't put a location! I'm in Texas near Austin... I currently have a love/hate thing with early 90's VW's so I'm accustomed to an abusive relationship... :) What is AB?
Brian

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
The guide tracks are easily replaceable a bit tricky but easily doable. They are pretty expensive but if you shop around you could probably save some cash. If this is the only thing wrong with the car I would buy it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I figured AB out after doing a little more research on the vehicle... Should get more pics tonight then will decide what I really want to do! How hard is the factory radio to change out?!?!
Brian

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
blackgold said:
How hard is the factory radio to change out?!?!
search...

Read...

Look at home page common issues as well for all the other bits to go wrong with our rigs.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The radio is pretty easy to change out, the only problem is when you put the new radio in the steering wheel controlls wont work

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
98 Posts
When replacing stereo, when you state that the steering wheel controls won't work, do you mean for stereo only or ALL steering wheel controls? The reason I ask is that I replaced my stereo and since I hardly ever use my cruise control I don't know if it stopped working then or later but it's not working now!

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Changing your head unit would have no impact on your cruise control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts