RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a late '99 yesterday, immaculate shape, White (SWMBO won't let me keep it..) runningboards (may come off) and a bunch of spares in the back. For $1000..... :thumb:

I just started an apprentice about a month a go, bright kid, needed a new vehicle SOOOO, it's his! We stopped for gas and lunch on the way back, he was grinning like Christmas morning.

I considered keeping this one and selling him Darcy for the same price, but I just couldn't stand to give up the old girl, plus she just hit 180,000 miles, can't dump a girl on her birthday.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Toad wants pics of the apprentice (perv)...the rest of us would like to see the new truck.

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
kmagnuss said:
Toad wants pics of the apprentice (perv)...the rest of us would like to see the new truck.
8-|= You know me too well. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,113 Posts
shupack said:
I considered keeping this one and selling him Darcy for the same price, but I just couldn't stand to give up the old girl, plus she just hit 180,000 miles, can't dump a girl on her birthday.
I hear you Bro! What the heck is it that makes us so dedicated to our vehicles?

There's clean Classics for around $3K, and I'm seriously considering dumping the bucks into a full frame off resto of Sweet Pea... the only thing that would make me consider leaving her is if she were to burst into flame on the side of the highway. (in that case I would consider it a proper Norse burial)

Insanity :roll:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
A MILK WAGON tell the kid welcome to the club...

Scotty

·
Registered
401 Posts
When I hear stories about people picking these things up super cheap... it makes me want to get another one too, haha.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Hell, in another few months or so it will be cheaper to get a cheap runabout P38 than a **** Cherokee etc.... :doh:
That is until I want to replace ours, then they will be a **** fortune again :evil:

Martin

·
Registered
566 Posts
shupack said:
I picked up a late '99 yesterday, immaculate shape, White (SWMBO won't let me keep it..) runningboards (may come off) and a bunch of spares in the back. For $1000..... :thumb:

I just started an apprentice about a month a go, bright kid, needed a new vehicle SOOOO, it's his! We stopped for gas and lunch on the way back, he was grinning like Christmas morning.

Skip R coming in here. Running Boards may come off??? :shock: I do hope Matt gets into it and takes care of her, I found another key and a have a few tips I am sending to Matt Monday. First thing my wife said is " $1000.00 sounds a little cheap". Best Regards Skip R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts