RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Just bought a one owner 1992. Was listed on cars.com. only have the picture posted in the ad.

The power assist on the brakes don't work, mechanic quoted owner $4000 for ABS Pump.
Used cars always need sumpthin or the owner wouldn't be selling.
Will have to wait until it gets here before I can tear into it.

What manuals are going to be the best for wrenching this thing, that CD set from Atlantic?

·
Registered
300 Posts
RKDinOKC said:
Greetings all. Just bought a one owner 1992. Was listed on cars.com. only have the picture posted in the ad.

The power assist on the brakes don't work, mechanic quoted owner $4000 for ABS Pump.

What manuals are going to be the best for wrenching this thing, that CD set from Atlantic?
Hi and welcome to the forum :D

$4000 for an ABS pump? would that be a gold plated one :think:

I'd be looking on ebay or maybe a refurbished one :think:

Your Rangie looks well :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks like you've got a beaut Classic there!

Maybe it could be easier/ cheaper long term to ditch the ABS and go for the standard disk brakes?...there is a thread about it somewhere, maybe on page 1 or 2 of the forum.

Would be keen to see some more photos when they are available.

What condition is the leather in?

All the good RRCs seem to be in US!

·
Registered
115 Posts
RKDinOKC said:

For that price you could buy mine and have a lot of change left over as well as more parts. `)
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The price quote from the mechanic of $4000 to replace the ABS Pump is why the owner put it up for sale. The owner told me it just after having new brakes done last year she heard clicking and then the ABS light came on then the power assist quit working.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The leather looks in fantastic shape. It has had what looks like the factory waterproof covers on it most of it's life. It is a one owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts