RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am a new member here and I just got my first Range Rover. A 2010 RRS HSE Luxury package (Black exterior/Almond interior, Grand Black Lacquer Wood, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, Surround Camera System).

I found good deals on the left over 09 models such as 10,000 off MSRP, but I had to go with the 2010 just for the new designed interior. I have driven many SUVs in the past and this car is one of the best. The only thing I didn’t like and not impressed is the surround Camera because I have seen the one on the FX50 and it is much better. The FX50 has an option where you combine the images together with the car showing in the middle, which makes it look like you are looking at the car from the top (bird view). You can rely on it 100% when parking.

Overall, the car is very nice and with lots of power.
I have been trying to adjust the clock below the navigation system and I have not been able to find the info in the manual. The manual shows only how to adjust the electronic clock in the dash board. Any one knows?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! I don't own a 2010 - only wish I did - but I assume the new analog clock would automatically adjust along with the digital version in the instrument cluster? It would be a silly design otherwise... Like my kitchen oven and microwave clocks, they are next to each other and I'll be darn if they ever match! (only after a power outage they both flash 12:00 in sync :lol:) Let me see if I find a TSB about it, there have been a ton of bulletins issued for 2010s, mostly regarding electronic issues with all the new "toys".

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Sure enough, there is a Special Service Message for this.

Models
LS - Range Rover Sport
LA - Discovery 4
Title 10my Analogue clock will not set to correct time
Last Modified 30-SEP-2009 16:36
Category Electrical
Symptom 203000 Basic Electrical
Content
Issue
Analogue clock will not set to correct time. Correct time and date showing on instrument cluster. Analogue clock is moving as normal and is lighting up but cannot be set to the correct time.

Cause
There are two possible issues.There is an internal lock up issue with the clock or the clock connector not latched.

Action
Carry out a battery reset and recheck the clock operation to confirm this has resolved the issue.
If a battery reset fails to correct the issue access the connector to the clock and ensure it is latched correctly.
Please submit an EPQR for issues after these vin numbers.

This is resolved in production from the following vin numbers:
Discovery4/LR4 AA 514764
Range Rover Sport AA217366
Sounds like something (at least the battery reset) you could try yourself.

We must see pictures of your ride, of course. I agree with your assessment of the surround camera, I was a bit disappointed when I saw the interface on the touchscreen. The pre-launch press releases for the 2010 talked about "images electronically manipulated to provide an undistorted view" when referring to the SCS, so I was expecting something like the Infiniti's system. But the images look neither undistorted, nor manipulated. :?: You are lucky you got the surround cameras at all, apparently they are backordered big time in the UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umbertob said:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! I don't own a 2010 - only wish I did - but I assume the new analog clock would automatically adjust along with the digital version in the instrument cluster? It would be a silly design otherwise... Like my kitchen oven and microwave clocks, they are next to each other and I'll be darn if they ever match! (only after a power outage they both flash 12:00 in sync :lol:) Let me see if I find a TSB about it, there have been a ton of bulletins issued for 2010s, mostly regarding electronic issues with all the new "toys".
Thank you for the welcome and advise... I have not had the time to take pictures. Once I do, I will post it.

yes i have I tried to adjust the digital clock but it doesn't change the analog clock. :x

Regarding the reset of the battery, how do you do it? Do you mean to unplug the battery and plug it back? Also, how to access the connector to check if it is latched correctly. Sorry I am really not that good when it comes to technical stuff :oops:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
willrange said:
Regarding the reset of the battery, how do you do it? Do you mean to unplug the battery and plug it back? Also, how to access the connector to check if it is latched correctly. Sorry I am really not that good when it comes to technical stuff :oops:
Yep, try the battery reset first, it's cured quite a few odd problems om 06-09s :D The procedure for a full battery reset is:
- Turn off the engine and remove key from ignition
- Wait 2-3 minutes to allow all electronic modules to fully shut down.
- Loosen and remove battery terminals, Ground (- /black) first
- Wait about 10 minutes
- Touch the positive and negative terminals together
- Reconnect terminals to the battery leads, Ground last

Don't know how you'd access the rear of the clock on a 2010 to check the connector if the battery reset doesn't do the trick, sorry.

·
Registered
93 Posts
- Touch the positive and negative terminals together
Just to clarify... touch the positive and negative terminal cables (leads) together. That will dissipate any stored charge. Do NOT connect the positive and negative battery terminals together. That could result in deadly explosion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's brand new - just take it to the dealer and get them to check if there are any other TSBs etc that need doing (actually, check this for yourself first, lol). I know the LR4/D4 has a few, so guess it would be the same with the RRS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts