RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first Range Rover sport it鈥檚 a 2014 plate love the car and really like the keyless entry and locking feature .

The keyless entry never lets me down but when it comes to locking the car without using the key by placeing thumb over door handle is very temperamental 馃槨 .

some times it works other times Ijust wont have it is there any technic to it Iv tried double tapping ,holding, swiping ,sliding thumb it鈥檚 50/50 if it works or not lol .

Registered
You need to press on the round indentation on the handle to lock doors and pull the handle slightly to unlock. Very simple.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the doors allways open perfectly but locking is the problem.

I naturally place my thumb on the round indent but as explained this does not allways work , when it does not work after placeing thumb on the indent I try replacing thumb , or holding it in place , adjusting the pressure etc but it just does not allways work which is very annoying as the sensor must be connecting as it lets me open the car without fail .
When I open the car I do not have to place my thumb on the indent so maybe it鈥檚 the thumb sensor on the handle playing up not sure if this can be cleaned etc

Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
Some vehicles (not sure if RR is one of them) unlock when you touch the inside of the handle and lock when you touch the outside of the handle. Grabbing the full handle can activate both open lock and unlock at the same time. On my 2016 RRS I touch the indent to lock and touch it again to open. I never have to touch the inside of the handle.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
It seems that if I move closer to the back doors it locks still not perfect but get better success .

to open I just grab the handle and pull I don鈥檛 have to put my thumb on the indent .

Registered
That is correct. When opening just grab handle. Is it possible u are grabbing the handle while pushing on the indent when trying to lock door. U can鈥檛 touch anything but that indent otherwise nothing happens..just a thought.

Registered
<snip>Is it possible u are grabbing the handle while pushing on the indent when trying to lock door. U can鈥檛 touch anything but that indent otherwise nothing happens..just a thought.
This was my first thought. When you use your thumb to lock the door, make sure you're not grabbing the handle. Rather, make the thumbs-up sign, turn your hand 90* so that your thumb is pointing sideways, and then touch only your thumb to the indent.

Registered
Make sure your key fob and cellular phone are not in the same pocket, hand, bag, etc. Happens to me all the time ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts