RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I need help! I purchased a 06 RRS Supercharged (My dream Truck) and ive only had it for 4 months and have to now replace the front air struts. I see a big price difference in front air struts WITH ACE and Without Ace . Can some one tell me the biggest difference and is it worth and or possible to install the struts Without Ace and my range that does have ACE. They are very expensive and am trying to save as much money as possible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sir, I, personally don't think there is a gigantic price difference between ACE/No ACE.
difference is $30-40?
It would, likely be impossible to use non ACE Struts in ACE Equipped Rover without lighting up dashboard error lights like a Christmas Tree, besides, with fitting of parts not meant for this specific truck, your dream truck may become just another truck. I don't understand individuals that, for example, buy Range Rover and yank all the pneumatic suspension out of it and fit regular springs/struts, might as well but Ford Explorer, but that is just my personal opinion.
And also here:
I had these installed in my 2009 RRS SC and quality, workmanship of it was amazing. Price was also like $300 or so.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh, and by the way, replacement is relatively simple...
You need to deflate suspension, disconnect airline, 3 nuts on top (1 is very inconvenient and take a while), 1 big bolt on the bottom, no alignment needed really. Experienced (dont have to be LR Experienced) mechanic should be able to do this in about 1 hour per corner, don't believe if anyone says it is a huge deal, simpler then in many cars as there is no carrying over of a spring, top strut bearing/mount, boot and other hardware, really just airline, 3 nuts, 1 bolt. If you're within driveable distance from Brooklyn NY, I can advice the place where to get that done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and by the way, replacement is relatively simple...
You need to deflate suspension, disconnect airline, 3 nuts on top (1 is very inconvenient and take a while), 1 big bolt on the bottom, no alignment needed really. Experienced (dont have to be LR Experienced) mechanic should be able to do this in about 1 hour per corner, don't believe if anyone says it is a huge deal, simpler then in many cars as there is no carrying over of a spring, top strut bearing/mount, boot and other hardware, really just airline, 3 nuts, 1 bolt. If you're within driveable distance from Brooklyn NY, I can advice the place where to get that done.
Thanks alot for the advice ! I looked on Ebay and they all seemed alit cheaper for non Ace. I will purchase from your reccommened sites. I live in Mexico so its hard to find parts. Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, if you order form LRDirect, they ship from UK VIA DHL, I am sure it should not be the problem where ever you are. Please please please verify, double check and triple check Part Numbers that you need before placing the order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure you have a Big breaker bar handy. Going to need that to loosen the big nut on the bottom. My air impact didn't even crack it loose. Had to use brute force to loosen mine on all 4 corners even using MAP gas torch to heat it up.

Also.. you can only get 2 out of 3 nuts off from inside the wheel well. 3rd one comes off from engine bay on each side. Have to remove a heat shield on the battery side and just the Top main cover in general. The drivers side was much easier for me but each his own I guess.

I had to use a 1/4" drive set for that top nut with a swivel. Its a liitle bit of a pain to get to though. No way in hell can you get a TQ wrench on that one so make sure ITS GOOD N TIGHT!

Other 2 lower nuts came off super easy with a ratchet wrench!

I did mine or should I say I went to a coil over conversion off jack stands in my garage after dealing with so many Air suspension issues over the years. NUFF was Enough!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Make sure you have a Big breaker bar handy. Going to need that to loosen the big nut on the bottom. My air impact didn't even crack it loose. Had to use brute force to loosen mine on all 4 corners even using MAP gas torch to heat it up.

Also.. you can only get 2 out of 3 nuts off from inside the wheel well. 3rd one comes off from engine bay on each side. Have to remove a heat shield on the battery side and just the Top main cover in general. The drivers side was much easier for me but each his own I guess.

I had to use a 1/4" drive set for that top nut with a swivel. Its a liitle bit of a pain to get to though. No way in hell can you get a TQ wrench on that one so make sure ITS GOOD N TIGHT!

Other 2 lower nuts came off super easy with a ratchet wrench!

I did mine or should I say I went to a coil over conversion off jack stands in my garage after dealing with so many Air suspension issues over the years. NUFF was Enough!
Sir, I have replaced all 4 struts on my previous 2009 RR SC and so far both Front ones on current 2013 RRS SC, all work was done from the wheel side, nothing from the engine bay. That's 2 different mechanics. So I am a witness that it is entirely possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts