RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 06 HSE and has been very happy so far coming from a P38 (I still have it). Amazed at the power, smoothness and ride comfort (a bit stiffer than the old rangie but generally a better ride).
My initial concern is the steering effort...too light specially at low speed although it improves at high speed. I also feel a slight tugging on the steering during light acceleration from a standstill while turning...something yould feel from an old front wheel drive car with bad CV joints minus the clacking noise. Bad ball joint? Bushing? There is also a slight knock when going over small bumps...they could all be related.

My next concern is also during initial accelation, i hear a slight whine along with some grinding sound that goes away as you build up speed. Wheels bearing maybe? It has the 20's supercharge alloys with Conti UHP 60% thread left and no visible cupping on the thread.

The vehicle has only 26,XXX kms but i expect a lot of wear and tear being here in the Philippines...a lot of stop and go driving and very bad roads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Found that there is a significant play in the steering tie rod. It seems to be coming from the inner tie rod inside the boot, but no play on the outer ball joint attached to the hub assembly. Has anyone experience the inner joint failing first?

I also found the right outer axle boot cracked with some of the grease bleeding out.

Hope to sort out my issues and start enjoying my ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts