RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just ordered a new RR 3l TDI V6 Autobiography. I chose Santorini black together with the black pack, 22' wheels style 16 and ebony/pimento interior.

The style 16 look almost the same on the configurator as the style 7. The only difference is that they are black. Could someone confirm this are is their a big difference.

What do you think of the all black combo with ebony/pimento interior.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I'm probably not going to be particularly popular with this, but here it comes. I had a black on black on black 2013 V8 SC and the main reason I got rid of it was the funeral mood inside. Sorry guys, I know black on black is popular, but as far as I'm concerned, never again. I cross my fingers for you to not have that moment of realization of "oh ****, I really made a mistake here".

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
Agreed...the whole black on black on black is so....so....1980's....not to mention the swirl marks when polished, the dust and dirt so visible, the scorching heat inside when parked and finally every spec of white lint that shows on the inside !!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm probably not going to be particularly popular with this, but here it comes. I had a black on black on black 2013 V8 SC and the main reason I got rid of it was the funeral mood inside. Sorry guys, I know black on black is popular, but as far as I'm concerned, never again. I cross my fingers for you to not have that moment of realization of "oh ****, I really made a mistake here".
+1. second every word.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mmm, it's a vicious circle.

Every time I by a black vehicle after a year I say never again, and a year after that I end up selling whatever color vehicle I have for a black one ... because at the end of the day, despite the added effort required to keep it clean inside and out, some vehicles are designed to look best in black, inside and out.

Santorini Black is a metallic paint anyway with flake in it ... if a person knows how to maintain it properly and doesn't subject it to crappy drive through car washes it should never get swirl marks. The tricky parts are the plastic B/C/D pillar moldings which are black no matter what color the vehicle is. Those parts are plastic molded not painted, and are basically impossible to keep swirl mark free.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doesn't the black / pimento interior combo referred by the original poster come with a red leather dash and seats? It's not really a all-black interior. I think it's a rather "spicy" color choice. Maybe not to everyone's taste, but definitely cheery.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wish I could get a diesel in the USA haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts