RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving to Breckenridge from Houston in July. I have pretty much settled on a supercharged. I am planning to order mine new and time it for an early July deliver. How many months early do I need to order? My next question is if I should buy it in Denver vs Houston? If I bought it out of Denver could they have to delivery come to Houston and title it in Colorado? I know I can buy it in Houston and title it in Colorado. Just not quite sure how this is done.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,147 Posts
My thoughts:

-I think deliveries are around 4-5 months out? The dealer told me if I ordered at the end of the month it would be a June-ish delivery.
-Since you live in Texas currently my understanding is that any LR dealer can sell to you without penalty, so I would talk to both dealers and see if they are giving any discounts on new orders? May not be likely but can't hurt to ask.
-If the prices are the same then I would just order where I'm going to move to because then you don't have to worry about transporting the vehicle or putting miles on it, and often you get treated better by the service department if they know you bought the vehicle there.
-The other consideration to look at is sales tax for Texas versus Colorado. If one is much larger than another then that may help as well.

As for titling it your new state should do that when you get new license plates. If it's still financed, I'm not sure how easy or important it is to move over until the title goes in your name.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
245 Posts
I ordered last Friday in Pittsburgh and have a build date of 3/9/18 and a delivery date of 4/18/18.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am moving to Breckenridge from Houston in July. I have pretty much settled on a supercharged. I am planning to order mine new and time it for an early July deliver. How many months early do I need to order? My next question is if I should buy it in Denver vs Houston? If I bought it out of Denver could they have to delivery come to Houston and title it in Colorado? I know I can buy it in Houston and title it in Colorado. Just not quite sure how this is done.
I would HIGHLY recommend talking with the Land Rover dealer in Colorado Springs. Ask for Thom. I have no financial interest in them.

I would recommend getting the car in Colorado if it is going to be a Colorado car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts