RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends,

I just found out last night from a renewed Internet search that the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac is now available in our stock 255/55/R20 size for the current generation of RR, RR Sport and Disco.

I knew this was available in the UK having seen it used on Disco tests, but now is apparently available here, eg on TireRack. See

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+DuraTrac&partnum=555QR0WDTXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Their price is a bit outrageous, but......

Cheers

John

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS it does have a crummy speed rating, ie Q which is only good for 99 mph, so if you habitually exceed that at full load for extended periods, this is not the tire for you,

Cheers

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interesting. No Snow rating like the K02 so that rules it out for me.
Have you tried the KO2’s in snow yet? I have a set of 315/75/16 KO2’s on an old land cruiser and they are so/so in the snow. This could be in part due to the width of the tire, but I haven’t been impressed with their snow performance versus other all-terrains

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point about the lack of snow rating, which I know is important to many. But FWIW in the customer reviews on Tire Rack, it gets better "winter/snow" score than the K02 and also better "off road" rating. But the BFG beats the Goodyear on wet and both dry performance ratings.

Cheers

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts