RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hia, replacing headliner by myself ??? oh i think i prefer the RR dealer to do it..... `) does anybody know OE price of headliner ? How much is the job at RR dealer ? Txs Cheers Sebastian

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi Sebastian. Have you had a price quote from a dealer to do the job? You should probably be sitting down when they tell you their price to do it.
Here is a link on the RR.net http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/headliner.html so that you can see what is involved in the job. You can decide if you want to do the whole job yourself or just remove the liner shell and get an auto upholsterer to put a new lining on - you just remove and reinstall. Just get a mate to help and you provide the beers.

If you decide to have a bash yourself the lining material should be readily available at any auto upholstery supply shop - they will know exactly what you are talking about and also have the glue etc. Just ask around and thay may need to see a small sample of your existing lining to get a colour match.

Mine is sagging at the rear and so that is another job to do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It really is not that hard to take it down and put it back in. If you are not comfortable recovering it yourself, you could always take it to an upholstery shop and get it done.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Go to a good apolstry trimmer in your area ,look for other rover .net members in your area get five of ya yea there will be heaps with saggy roof liners and get it done at a cheaper rate. Landrover will only do the same thing and charge ya the earth. :dance:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,393 Posts
I took mine out recently and had it recovered (including the sunroof panel) by a motor trimmer for A$110 (about US$100).

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Material selection is important, it must be stretchy in both directions, done enough to drive me insane for the rest of my remaining years on this planet....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts