RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a used full size 2005 Range Rover a few weeks ago so I decided to join this forum to gain some knowledge on what to expect when owning a Range Rover. My Rover was completely stock when I purchased it but I've already made some upgrades since then...new wheels/tires, chrome grills and tinted front windows. I've also had some warranty work done at the local dealer already...bluetooth update, catalytic converter and o2 sensor. So far, the Rover has been great!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

That's alot of shiny bits to keep clean, but I guess where you live it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
the chrome haters always come out.... great looking ride, 05duke! Those wheels look very similar to a stock stormer! i have the 05 also, love every gremlin in her! Make use of the search options for general questions, over the past few years it seems like everything has been discussed so there aren't many questions left unanswered!

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CMoore05 said:
the chrome haters always come out.... great looking ride, 05duke! Those wheels look very similar to a stock stormer! i have the 05 also, love every gremlin in her! Make use of the search options for general questions, over the past few years it seems like everything has been discussed so there aren't many questions left unanswered!
Thanks CMoore, I know that everyone don't like chrome but to each their own...not everyone has the same taste...my Rover will not be used off road so I'm not concerned about the upkeep on the chrome...those wheels are actually exclusive for Land Rover and they are very similar to the polished 10 spoke wheels that were an option for the supercharged and autobiography edition ...check out this website...

http://www.redbournewheels.com/

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brad s1 said:
You have two giant chromed out SUV's?

How do you decide which one to drive?
Well, the Rover is actually my daily driver...I keep the H2 in the garage and drive it maybe once or twice every month. They stopped building Hummers last year so I'm sure it's going to be worth a lot of money some day. Therfore, I want to keep it in good condition without much wear on it. As much as I like the Range Rover, the Hummer H2 is my all-time favorite vehicle for a number of reasons including comfort.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!! :dance:

FFRR05DUKE said:
...so I'm sure it's going to be worth a lot of money some day...
That's what I used to think when I was younger with some vehicles that've come & gone. Not too likely, but best of luck!

Prepare for a beating from the traditional RR enthusists that will let you know how they feel about RR owners desecrating the sacred beast. Don't even think of bigger wheels (not that I would). Don't take it personal, the folks here are very opinionated & hardly tactful. We're just one small dysfunctionally abusive family, with the exception of a few civil-tongued black sheep.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
03rangiemark said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!! :dance:

FFRR05DUKE said:
...so I'm sure it's going to be worth a lot of money some day...
That's what I used to think when I was younger with some vehicles that've come & gone. Not too likely, but best of luck!

Prepare for a beating from the traditional RR enthusists that will let you know how they feel about RR owners desecrating the sacred beast. Don't even think of bigger wheels (not that I would). Don't take it personal, the folks here are very opinionated & hardly tactful. We're just one small dysfunctionally abusive family, with the exception of a few civil-tongued black sheep.

Thanks...I don't take it personal at all...it's not that serious...I'm pretty tuff skinned due to the background that I come from...besides, no one on this forum knows me and don't know my story so as far as being prepared for a beating and abusive talk, this is the internet so that's the least thing that I'm worried about. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here's a before pic when it had the OEM chrome 20" wheels on...regardless what the haters say, the Range looks much better with the 22's and wider tires...it also handles better on the road.

Attachments

·
Banned
93 Posts
isn't front window tint illegal in California?

nice trucks but how can you open the door to get out in the tight garage? :think:

cheers,
figaro

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Really like those stock chrome wheels that were on the rover... Interested in selling?

That h2 is giant, surprised it fits in the garage, lol.

I do like those things though, I'd love to have an h1 but that just isn't in the cards right now :crybaby2:

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
figaro hse said:
isn't front window tint illegal in California?

nice trucks but how can you open the door to get out in the tight garage? :think:

cheers,
figaro

Thanks...Yes, the window tint on the front windows is illegal here in CA and yes it is a tight fit to get both trucks in the garage but I make it work. I don't drive the H2 very often and I back the Range in so it makes it easier to get in and out so there's more than enough room to open the drivers door.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
brad s1 said:
Really like those stock chrome wheels that were on the rover... Interested in selling?

I do like those things though, I'd love to have an h1 but that just isn't in the cards right now :crybaby2:
Yeah the H1's are cool...I actually had an H1 for a few years but I sold it because it's just too much of a beast to be driving around town. I wouldn't recommend the H1 to anyone unless they are truly going to use it offroad as it was meant to be.

I was thinking of selling the stock wheels...I have 2 sets of stock wheels but one set is the 19" with the silver finish. There's a few scuffs on both sets...the 20" chrome set has fairly new tires on but the 19" silver set needs a set of tires. If I were to sell them then it would like it to be to someone local so they can come pick them up because I don't want to deal with the shipping. However, for the right price maybe I'll be willing to go through the trouble...make me an offer.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
FFRR05DUKE said:
brad s1 said:

Yeah the H1's are cool...I actually had an H1 for a few years but I sold it because it's just too much of a beast to be driving around town. I wouldn't recommend the H1 to anyone unless they are truly going to use it offroad as it was meant to be.

I was thinking of selling the stock wheels...I have 2 sets of stock wheels but one set is the 19" with the silver finish. There's a few scuffs on both sets...the 20" chrome set has fairly new tires on but the 19" silver set needs a set of tires. If I were to sell them then it would like it to be to someone local so they can come pick them up because I don't want to deal with the shipping. However, for the right price maybe I'll be willing to go through the trouble...make me an offer.
I will think about it, I usually hate wheel upgrades but there is no doubt about it, those look **** good. Then I could put fat tires on my 19's, be nice to have 2 sets.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts