RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have not bought a Range Rover Sport yet but have been looking into it all first. Thought I would get some info and ideas from this forum, which I must say is very useful. :clap:
Just want to pick some of your brains out there. I have been looking at a 2005 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 model but the mileage is around 95,000miles and priced at £21,000. The questions I have is: Is it a good price for the age and mileage? What are these engines like having this much mileage, will I start to incorporate problems? With the high mileage, will I also be looking at replacing other items such as bushes etc..
Many thanks in advance for any answers and I hope to keep in contact with you all, learning more about the Range Rover.

Regards

Angelo

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Hi Angelo;

We don't have the diesel version of the RRS in the US so that might be why you're getting no love from the forum
As far as buying an 05 RRS with 95k, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Find one with less miles regardless of price.

Hope that helps.

Rafa

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
azsalvatore said:
... With the high mileage, will I also be looking at replacing other items such as bushes etc...
Depends on how bad a driver you are. ;)

Once after I just got my license I was learning how to drive a stick and I accidently put my friend's VW in reverse (thought I was in 1st) and ran over our neighbor's bushes. My father made me dig them up and plant new ones. Good times.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
azsalvatore said:
... With the high mileage, will I also be looking at replacing other items such as bushes etc...

Once after I just got my license I was learning how to drive a stick and I accidently put my friend's VW in reverse (thought I was in 1st) and ran over our neighbor's bushes. My father made me dig them up and plant new ones. Good times.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Goose seriously man your ALMOST making me watch this forum more than my Porsche forums.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
TriGem2k said:
gooseyloosey said:
azsalvatore said:

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Goose seriously man your ALMOST making me watch this forum more than my Porsche forums.
TriGem2K,
Thanks. The Porsche guys...do they still wear Sparco shoes when tossing their 99X's around in the canyons your way? Back in the days of BMW driver schools when they allowed other makes, they used to show up with their trailer queens w die cut window numbers, wearing full nomex and plug up the track on everything but the straight sections. Love the cars, but the a-holes that drove them...another story.

Thus I can't imagine this forum isn't more fun, no?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
[/quote]

TriGem2K,
Thanks. The Porsche guys...do they still wear Sparco shoes when tossing their 99X's around in the canyons your way? Back in the days of BMW driver schools when they allowed other makes, they used to show up with their trailer queens w die cut window numbers, wearing full nomex and plug up the track on everything but the straight sections. Love the cars, but the a-holes that drove them...another story.

Thus I can't imagine this forum isn't more fun, no?[/quote]

Goose, you caught me. Those were me and my buddies lol.

I couldn't agree with you more but as in every group of high end car buyers there are the few that are true enthusiast. I've found one Porsche forum so far that doesn't have its nose up in the sky. Most of the guys/gals actually drive their cars, many that use them as daily drivers even. I've got close to 68k on my 2001; not much by most standards but for a 2seater thats 3" off the ground its pretty darn good.

This forum is definitely fun with some great members but it tends to flow very slowly. Maybe the Pcar forums flow faster due to classic failures of the M96 engines at 15k miles 8-0=

1 - 6 of 6 Posts