RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
For those of you with softdash classics, the lower fuse fascia below the steering wheel, glove box and center cubby cover from the Disco I/II are a direct fit. I'm in the process of swapping over to a black interior, and they're much easier to source than Aspen/25th Edition bits. Be warned that the glove box from the D2 will take some adjusting to get it to latch closed.

Next mission is tackling the factory stereo. It was working well for years, but the factory speakers are getting tired, and the woofer has blown. I unplugged it from the HK amp and will send it to GB4x4 soon. I'm going to replace all of the factory speakers with modern equivalents and will document as much as possible as there doesn't seem to be much for the SoftDash crowd.

As far as keeping it OEM, I'm still torn between adding an aux-in to my factory radio, or going with something more contemporary. I'm big on the factory look, so a Becker Traffic Pro would be ideal. A new contender has arrived, though:

Joying has a new smaller 7" unit which has a similar "floating iPad" screen setup as found in newer cars: https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-newest-android-7-inch-single-din-octa-core-4gb-32gb-car-gps-navigation-system.html

Looks like someone already mounted one in a DII which has the same center stack as my truck. As long as the unit will play nice with the HK amp, I'm game.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Installed some 16x6.5" "Wolf" wheels. They're wearing 205/80/16 Falken Landair LA/AT skinny boiz, which were as close to the OEM Michelin XM+S 244s as I could find.

The ride is good, and the off road performance has been great so far. Took it up my usual urban off road course in East LA. It tackled the steep inclines with ease.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Curious, did you install the Joying unit? Since the soft dash HK system was Pre-MOST, it should have worked fine. I replaced my factory HU, with a Nakamichi Music Bank decades ago, but I’m swapping a Pioneer NEX unit to get CarPlay integration into the old girl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I haven't done anything yet. Still weighing my options at this point. If/when I do, I'll make sure to include it in this thread.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
12 Participants
MikeGilbert
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing