RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Im new got myself a cracking 2004 HSE, mint with hardly any miles.

I went on my first off-road adventure yesterday and what an adventure it was. I would have been easier buying the drill from Thunderbirds and travelling to the core.

Filled in field acess (was doing a surveying job for work) hit a void and one side of my car sank 10 inches in sticky, sticky mud. I went out and sank to my knees. It was creme brulee!! So in the end I had to get a tractor from my work to pull me out. and I spend the next 2 hours getting mud from my wheels and underareas. :crybaby2:

So if your were travelling over the KIncardine bridge yesterday and saw a RR, it was me. Im surprised not a single person shouted t£$t, so 4x4's must be in vogue (forgive the pun) due to all the bad weather we have been having.

So the moral of this story, you may have a rangerover and it may be good off-road, it aint a mole

·
Registered
929 Posts
might be time for some new tires. For the most part its plug and play but if you going into the **** you need to know what your doing.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Don't worry.
The Range Rover is still the best offroader, but it is only as capable as the
person that drives it. Driving offroad requires different techniques and equipment
(MT tyres :lol: ) than road driving.
One of the best things you can start to learn is 'reading the terrain' and then avoid
such Creme Brulee bogs in the future.
We all had to start somewhere. `)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Tires, Tires, Tires...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts