RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the board. I am on a lot of other forums so I know about stickies and searching, but I feel this issue hasn't been addressed before. I looked at a 2007 RR HSE yesterday. It's 1 owner with 103,000 miles on it. I looked the vehicle over really good and the only 2 big issues I found were the mechatronic sleeve was leaking on the trans, and the low coolant light was on. I read up on fixing the trans leak issue and it's definitely something I can handle but I figured I would use it for negotiating. So last night the owner had the leak looked at and the mechanic "tightened" the connector into the trans 1 full turn!! Then the owner drove it home with no issue. So I am assuming they broke the sleeve locking piece internally, and I'm guessing no damage was done to the wiring since it was driven after. What are your thoughts on this? All other maintenance has been done at the dealer, not with this mechanic. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
No.

It doesn't turn, and if somehow someone was able to get a tool up there to try to turn it(very limited space) it would then break, which would not allow the wiring to be reinserted.

If something was tightened, I would be looking closely at the fill and drain plugs, and make sure neither was broken/stripped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. Maybe he turned the actual harness side and stripped this threads on the plastic? Not sure and can't see it until the morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts