Range Rovers Forum banner

New member here.. just checkin in..

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  maxwell 
#1 ·
Alright guys, it took me awhile to jump on the Range Rover band wagon, but I’m happy to say that I’m finally an owner. I've been lurking here for a little while, time to post.

The only SUVs I’ve owned are an Infiniti FX45 and a Cayenne Turbo. The Infiniti was truly a fun sport SUV that NEVER had problems. The Cayenne Turbo was a beast, especially with my mods of an ECU Tune, exhaust, bypass pipes.. the SUV had perfect power and the sound was intoxicating. I also own a 911TT, so I'm kind of a porsche junky. However, regardless of the power the transmission went out at 50K miles on the CTT. So my dilemma began.

I didn’t want to go from a Cayenne Turbo to a RRS SC because I knew I would be disappointed in power. After a bunch of research, I ended up finding a 06’ Audi S4 Avant wagon with a 6spd transmission. I liked the car especially with the way I modded the exterior and having a stick shift.. but ultimately it wasn’t big enough for me and my puppy Rambo (boxer pup) and sold it after 5 months of ownership.

So here I am, the S4 Avant sold yesterday and I picked up a ’06 RRS SC black on black. Purchased it at auction via a friend and should have it in my driveway sometimes next week. The prices out there are pretty cheap considering. It has 36K miles and warranty is still in effect till June next year. So hopefully all the "Range Rover breakdown stories" don't occur, but if so I got some warranty left to iron in out. Anything I should make sure was taken care of?

Anyways, that’s it. Thats my 15 minutes.. I can't keep a car stock.., so mods will begin next week :mrgreen:
Bojan

See less See more
#2 ·
Perfect for running over pesky NATO/UN peace keeping troops and ethnic minorities trying to form their our nations. :twisted:

Look forward to pictures. Welcome to the world of Rovers.

#3 ·
Nice, welcome. I used to have the exact same setup. 911tt and 06 SC. I swapped the SC for an 08 HSE when I lived in the city because it was just too jerky for me in stop and go traffic. You should be fine with reliability on your 06 with only 36k miles. Its not like these things break down that often, its just expensive to fix things out of warranty. If you decide to keep it for a while, you might wanna check out an extended warranty.

btw - whaddya have done to your tt? heres mine...

#4 ·
Doctor Leo said:
Perfect for running over pesky NATO/UN peace keeping troops and ethnic minorities trying to form their our nations. :twisted:
hahah.. nice greeting. So wrong.. funny.. but wrong

maxwell said:
whaddya have done to your tt? heres mine...
Nice color choice on your 911 8) Love the fixed wing.. I haven't done too much to mine, some exterior stuff and minor performance related items that keep me happy :D Ive considered swapping out the turbos and going for some of the stage 4 packages.. but don't have the nutz to follow through with it.

Since were on the porsche topic, heres my old CTT that I recently got rid of. I'm definately going to miss the power of that when I'm in the RRS SC. Hope I get used to it :crybaby2:

#5 ·
nice techart front on the tt. I did all the usual, programming, exhaust, seats, rollcage, suspension etc. About 520 hp right now.

If you miss the power of the cayenne tt, upgrade to the '10 sc. I cant believe they put the same hp in a range rover as I have in a modded 911 turbo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.