RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all of you, my name is Matt and I just joined. A little about me, I'm a BMW guy, I drive both a 1988 M5 and 1988 528e with the e2i swap. I really love the older styled vehicles, hence my fascination with the E12, E23, E28, E30, E32 etc. I also have been a fan of the Land Rover Defender which got me thinking about the Range Rover. I have always loved and desired the Classic RR and I am now in the market for one.

M5

I'm looking for a pristine 1995 Range Rover County LWB. I would prefer to retain the air suspension, but steel spring conversions are ok as well. I'm not looking for a lifted one, just a stock riding Rangie. One without rust, or very minimal, is a must. I'm originally from the rustbelt, Iowa, and I'm just done with it. I like to think I am fairly mechanically inclined, but I just don't feel like putting a lot of time and work into making a great example. I have test driven a few already, however they were a bit on the rough side. They also didn't have the air suspension. I am willing to wait until the correct one comes my way. I hope you can help me out! Feel free to PM or email me with whatever.

One more thing, I've been looking for performance parts for these. Are there engine upgrade kits out there (i.e. supercharger, larger brakes, etc)? Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice M5! I was a bmw guy till about a month ago when i wrecked my '90 325i... now i'm just a Range Rover guy. Good luck with your search of the RRC - you won't be disappointed.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
Welcome to rangerovers.net! I'm sure you'll find lots of Bimmerlovers here. I have a 1975 3.0Si. My son-in-law had a nice M3 convertible when my daughter met him. It was on lease though and gone now (replaced by an '06 Acura TL awd). I love the "late" Bimmers (and Audis) of around 2000ish vintage. The new ones not so much.

Good luck with your quest for a '95 LWB. There seem to be plenty on offer. Yes, you can do all sorts of performance upgrades, including a Rimmer Bros. supercharger. If you want to seriously upgrade it, you might consider a 4.6-liter engine from a P38A or Discovery Series II but only if you add top-hat liners. Otherwise, a slipped liner will be in the cards. They do however have the advantage of cross-bolted mains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there! I bought my 1995 County LWB on Craiglist.org for a great price. Its was used as a farm vehicle and the guy could hardly sit in it because he was too tall (he bought the car without ever sitting in it). Air suspension was taken out, and so was the ABS, and the cat converter rattles. The seats don't move and the paint is faded. But, the engine has a super nice smooth sound. I was lucky and paid just over $1000 for it. I hope this helps and good luck on your search. MY advice is, don't worry about the '95 county lwb, but search more generally for a classic. I do not see that there is something more remarkable about the county lwb over other classics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys! Granny, I love those E9s, they are gorgeous. Danbreault, I do hear you in that expanding the search will increase my options. However, I am one of those guys that narrows down to a specific vehicle and just looks for only those. I'm just fascinated with the '95 LWB, so I guess I do see something remarkable about them. I will agree that that is a nice P38 though.

This is the vehicle that we have test driven already.
http://boise.craigslist.org/ctd/1748289676.html
It needs body work, many more dents than the photos show. I believe he will come down in price by a few hundred dollars. The interior needs a little bit of attention, but nothing major. The seats are actually in good shape, but the trim and some buttons need work. Do you think it would be worth it to fix back up? There isn't any rust on the tailgate as far as I could tell, but the driver's door might have some rust underneath the paint. The brakes pulled to the left during hard deceleration too.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
138 Posts
From my experience buy the best vehicle that you can afford rather than geting things reconditioned, panels fixed and trying to source good condition 20 year old parts. It soon adds up unless you are very handy and have contacts.

There are still plenty of excellent condition Classics 1985-1996 out there so don't rush in and buy something you are not entirely happy with and then kick your self later when a beauty comes up for sale.

Remember that there were over 315 000 RRCs made during its 25 year life, so they are by no means Italian exotica.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts