RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am new on this exciting forum of one of my favorite SUV and i am mentally ready to join the RR family.

I was also interested in the RR sport SC V8 but the 2014 model is way out of budget pricing around 90k.

My current budget is around 70k , in which i either able to get the new V6 2014 vs very low mileage (8k) 2013 V8 SC.( i am getting it for 70k).

I am stuck weather to get the new shape , which will have a better resale at the end of three years as I usually don't keep my cars more than that time and I don't want to suffer a huge loss, how would the new V6 compare to the older V8 SC.

Also are the reliability issues true for the new RR models too or just a myth?

Just need expert advice to clear my mind!

Thanking you in advance!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The two vehicles look and drive quite different. Those are subjective things we cannot sort out for you, I'm afraid. Have you test driven both yet? You will only get biased opinions here and on the RRS II forums...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i drove both, I honestly like both shapes, I am concerned about the resale in3 years as well? Also I was wondering the 2013 being offered by the RR dealer for 70K is that a good price or further space for negotiations because he is firm on that price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys ( and girls) , do u think 70k for whilte RR SC 2013 with 8k miles on it, is it a good deal or should i negotiate further?

If i do plan to sell it down the lane in 3 years or so how much hit would i take?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts
Might be a couple grand high, but that's pretty low mileage.

Hard to tell on depreciation. If you look at a 2010 SC, you're probably looking at low- to mid-$40's right now, so under normal circumstances, that might be what you would expect in 3 years. But there's no way to tell. The 2012's and more so the 2013's are holding their value a bit for now I think because both (1) there are enough people out there who don't like the new RRS and (2) the new RRS is still in short supply. As those buyers dwindle, the value "should" drop more quickly since it's the "old" body style. That being said, I'll probably be holding on to mine for as long as I can.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
$70k is a steal for a 2013 RR SC with 8k mi. Do you have pics?

Just to clarify I'm talking about the big boy Range Rover not the sport.

2013 RRS SC with 8k mi should be priced at ~65k-66k ish

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
Pricing seems ok to me. Look it up on KBB.com to get a retail figure based on the exact options, millage and location as the one you are looking at.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts
$70k is a steal for a 2013 RR SC with 8k mi. Do you have pics?

Just to clarify I'm talking about the big boy Range Rover not the sport.

2013 RRS SC with 8k mi should be priced at ~65k-66k ish
If you're talking about 2013 FFRR S/C then your pricing is off. It is a 2012 not a 2013 even if it was sold early 2013. The 2013 FFRR is the new body style.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
546 Posts
New model sports that look like ford explorers are 14 models only. 2013 models are the old body style that personally I like much much better.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts