RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllo everyone, New guy here, Im working on my friend Range rover, its a 1999 range rover p38a, and i have been running into some difficulties, first off my name is joel and any help i obtain from this forum would be greatly appreciated! `)

For starts, he wants HID foglights,,,, ok so when i got the bulb for him we found out that the stock bulb is much much shorter then the HID bulb, thus in fact not letting the HID bulb fit inside the housing for the fog lights.

What do u people do to solve this problem? again thanks in advance =] i will also be updating and showing everything the progress me and my friend are making on his range rover!

Also he is in need of a passenger side headlight and a drivers side outer tail light, thanks!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
44 Posts
Hi Joel welcome to the forums! You're in for a good time with these trucks hope you like to get you're hands dirty or have a fat wallet to pay someone who does. `)

As far as the fog light issue I don't know why it wouldn't fit as long as you have the correct bulb and not trying to fit one of a different size. I have a 2001 (which uses the same bulb as yours would) and I put in an H1 HID kit and it was as easy as putting in a stock bulb, plug and play. So just check that you have an H1 HID kit, if not that's most likely your problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Joel and you might want to look up some of the vendors for good pricing like Atlantic British or for used parts give Scotty a try people love him and he just put up a new web site! Goodluck and welcome.Also these guys on this forum are awesome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the reason it wouldnt fit was because the HID bulb is alot longer then a regular size bulb, thus it wouldnt fit inside the housing

·
Registered
23 Posts
joeskey said:
the reason it wouldnt fit was because the HID bulb is alot longer then a regular size bulb, thus it wouldnt fit inside the housing

Unless you have the updated 2000 or newer foglights, you should be using H4 bulbs, I would make sure you purchased the correct kit for your model Range Rover.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
4dot6 said:
joeskey said:

Unless you have the updated 2000 or newer foglights, you should be using H4 bulbs, I would make sure you purchased the correct kit for your model Range Rover.
This is what is listed in the sylvania bulb guide, thats why I mentioned the H1's:

1999 LAND ROVER Range Rover
Fog/Driving light
H1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so what do i need then the H1 or H4? everything seems to fit perfect just the HID bulb itself is too long, i have never really ever seen a short HID bulb to be honest with u, and the stock bulb that is housed in the fog light is a very very short bulb.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is the bulb you should have and the HID bulb you should have if you have the H1 kit. Yes the bulb itself is short, but from the metal base to the tip of the bulb it should be just as long as the HID bulb. So I don't know what you have but this is what I have and It was a simple plug and play.....I really don't know how else to help out, sorry.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts