Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, Im about to get myself a Ranger Rover Vogue 3.0 diesel, in the 2002-2005 range in the next few weeks, depending on when the right one comes up at the right price in the right colour etc etc! you know how it is! im very picky about interior and exterior colour and trim, which is why i cant bring myself to save the extra money and go for a HSE, the stereo unit in it just doesnt do it for me!

I have a few issues that hopefuly some of you could help me clear up! some of which ive searched on here and googled the hell out of!!

1) iPod integration. there seems to be a huge problem with doing it in anything before a 2007 model, am i right in saying? for the above years im considering, what is the best option, if any! i dont mind spending €300-€500 ($600-$800)ideally it would dock and charge through the dock connector, rather than a 3.5mm jack aux connector, and would also work with iPhone, as i currently listen to radio through a great app on my iPhone that i cant live with out! just for the record, i am the opposite of mechanicaly minded or inclined, so diy solutions are out!

2)yearly services and the 100k air suspension issue. am i right in reading somewhere on here that the suspension airbags need a full change around 100k miles? all the Vogues ive seen are around the 80k mark, so it would seem id need to do that this year. is it a big/expensive job?

yearly services, ive gotten various quotes, main dealers -€800-€1000, other car dealership service centres, €200-€400. do these sound right and are they very service heavy vehicles or can they take alot of miles before they start feeling the wear.

Ill probably think of many more over the next few weeks, but for now, i leave you with my first post! hopefuly i can repay the favour once i get mine and start loving it! ive wanted one for years and can now finally own my first one! :D

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
955 Posts
The only advice I would give you is to remember that the purchase price of a used Range Rover is only the entry fee to ownership. Be prepared to spend money on it. If you come to terms with that from the beginning, you'll be a lot happier. If the thought of spending a couple thousand or more per year on average to keep it running bothers you, reconsider. They are great vehicles, just not cheap to own off warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Like remington said, expect to spend a few dollars/pound/euros. I liken it too having any thing of Beauty: You have to maintain it other wise it's going to turn to [email protected]#t.

Welcome to the Range Rover Net.

Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts