RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here, but past 4 year LR owner. Im pretty active on other forums, hard to believe it took me this long to get on an RR one, when my RR usually has the most mods :D Took delivery of a 2010 RRS SC Bali Blue about a week ago. Black interior, Alcantara, contrast stitch, leather on dash and doors, 360 cameras. This replaced my previous 2006 RRS HSE which I had for a little over 4 years, and had 0 probs with. Unfortunately for some, my RR doesn’t do much offroading. Starting to plan out mods, so Im ready for spring, getting started with a Passport 9500ci install ASAP. The power in the SC is great!

Will report back as I get more seat time, but for now; I have not experienced the electronics probs others have reported…yet. The sunroof cover is rattling, and will go back to dealer after the holiday to resolve. Only other gripes thus far are cosmetic. I hate the headliner in the off grey, they need to offer the big RR headliner option. I will be replacing the headliner, with black, most likely Alcantara. I opted for the contrast stitch. On the samples, they showed both the ivory and dark grey, but sales could not confirm which I would get. Truck was delivered with Ivory, Im OK with that…BUT, if you pay for contrast stitch, they need to do this stitch throughout the interior. The dash and other trim stitch is black, while the seats are ivory…not well executed IMO. If I did it again knowing it would be Ivory only on seats, I may have skipped this option all together. Other than that…Im THRILLED with the new RRS.

Here are some quick picts of the Bali Blue, looks a little dark here due to lighting. It did look a little purple under the detail lights, but have not seen the purple in natural light. The color is simply stunning, everyone who sees it is blown away. My girl thinks it’s a bit over the top, but she also saw it first under the detail lights. Much more tame in the wild. At this point, I would not think twice to order the Bali Blue if I had to do it again.

Here is my last RRS, sadly gone. Had Kahn exhaust, fogs, painted lower body, pillars, SC grills, handles and mirrors. Also have 22” GFG and “Winter” wheels, traded truck with stocks. I may keep the brushed winter 22s for the 2010, but need to sell the GFG 22s, they are Bonati Grey color matched. Also have the stock exhaust, low miles, and the stock grills I need to dump. Will be posting this stuff for sale shortly. PM if interested sooner.

In with the new…out with the old (filthy)!

·
Registered
16 Posts
very nice car man, Ive had my 2010 supercharged for about a month now and its just been awesome. Bali Blue is a nice color and I would of taken that if i could of found one, but im loving my black on black.

Hope you enjoy your whip as much as I am mine

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's a really nice color! Would love to see that in person - seems like out here Black, White & Silver and occasionally Gray.

Your old rig looks great, too -

I got really wild this time and went from Silver to Gray :roll:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Both look great. I love the new blue color, beautiful. Good choice.

Love the suede seats too. Not a fan of the removed 3rd bar on the front grille from 2009 to 2010.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
adam76 - you had the 06 for 4 years and are just now finding us?! :evil:

welcome. love that bali blue

·
Registered
240 Posts
**** man, seeing the interior on the new sports is almost heart breaking, the old ones are so shitty compared to the new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
adam76 said:
Hi, new member here, but past 4 year LR owner. Im pretty active on other forums, hard to believe it took me this long to get on an RR one, when my RR usually has the most mods :D Took delivery of a 2010 RRS SC Bali Blue about a week ago. Black interior, Alcantara, contrast stitch, leather on dash and doors, 360 cameras. This replaced my previous 2006 RRS HSE which I had for a little over 4 years, and had 0 probs with. Unfortunately for some, my RR doesn’t do much offroading. Starting to plan out mods, so Im ready for spring, getting started with a Passport 9500ci install ASAP. The power in the SC is great!

Hi Adam,

Nice collection you got there. Care to share Passport 9500ci layout and installation details. I've picked up 2010 RRS SC a few weeks ago and them speed tickets keep rolling in. Mine is black on black but interior is same as yours. Do you have any pointers, thoughts?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
132 Posts
Man the Bali blue is sexy....might just have to upgrade someday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the color too! In fact, I've had my 2010 RRS SC since January of this year. Previous ride was a 2006 Black on Black RRS SC. This time, I went with Bali Blue as well, but with Ivory leather instead despite not being a recommended color combo in the process back in November of 2009. The car looks sharp and no regrets.

I haven't done any mods since purchase, so let me know if you've got any must haves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there i have had 2010 rrs hse for about 6 months now and im lovin every minute of it I am also new to the forum, although i like what i see on here already. I traded in my 06 rrs sc (cian blue) with white interior. I had the passport 9500 ci installed on my 06 then immediately transfered over to the 2010. No problems with the transfer and ended up putting the display module for the passport behind the center display glass, along with the green/red light. I put the control module in the middle of the console just below the air temp controls. I basically sat in the car and tried out different spots and ended up putting them where i could reach/see them easiest. If you want i can take some pics and show you. Overall i am more then impressed with the 9500 ci. I still have my license, so this means i haven't gotten a ticket in over a year. I liked your pics of the new and old rr's, your new one reminds me of my old one.
I have done limited aftermarket stuff... i put a x-pipe and a true duel magna-flow exhaust system with some tips on there. I just ordered a k&n air filter system (2 filters), so we'll see how that works in about a weeks time.
[attachment=2:2i30lr39]IMAG0028-3.jpg[/attachment:2i30lr39]
[attachment=1:2i30lr39]IMAG0029-2.jpg[/attachment:2i30lr39]

And here is one pic of the old one... I drove it up Aspen Mountain...
[attachment=0:2i30lr39]old rrs 2.jpg[/attachment:2i30lr39]

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys, Ive been neglecting my thread :oops: Thanks for all the compliments. Outside some of the electrical problems I see some others have had, I am VERY happy with the new Range. Many mods are underway, with much more coming! First and foremost, black side markers and exhaust...

I took some picts earlier today and will post back re: the Passport 9500ci.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,468 Posts
I love those black wheels with the blue outline...very nice!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too am really loving the wheels! Are those Adv 1 concave wheels? Very nice color coding!

·
Registered
282 Posts
adam76 said:
First and foremost, black side markers
I think I'm going to go that route too - how are you going to accomplish it (paint, wrap, or replace with Kahn or something)?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
keiphers said:
adam76 said:
First and foremost, black side markers
I think I'm going to go that route too - how are you going to accomplish it (paint, wrap, or replace with Kahn or something)?
For black side markers, i was looking for something molded in the right color, no wrap, paint etc. Is Kahn making a black side marker, or painting? Anyone else with any suggestions or know of an actual molded part?

mprsev said:
I too am really loving the wheels! Are those Adv 1 concave wheels? Very nice color coding!
Yep, ADV.1, their first set of 22" Deep Concave, thanks! Wish the concave was more aggressive, but high offsets on the RR prevent it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
adam76 said:
For black side markers, i was looking for something molded in the right color, no wrap, paint etc. Is Kahn making a black side marker, or painting? Anyone else with any suggestions or know of an actual molded part?
On Kahn's newest RS600 pictures, it shows smoked side markers on a Bali Blue (and they've done it in the past) - one of us should contact them. Another company used to sell smoked side markers as well (not the terrible flat black looking ones you'll see on eBay). I'd also prefer something molded or a full on replacement that's still compatible with the LEDs. This is the look I'm going for (and I'm guessing you are too):

http://www.pimpmyrange.co.uk/products/s ... p-224.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts