RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just purchased a mint 1 owner 2007 range rover sport.. its grey with black leather, lux pkg and heated seats etc. i just put 22inch staggered vossen wheels on it and it looks killer now. just thought id give my info.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
Looks good buddy! I love the staggered stance, but I also know some cars have difficulties being all wheel drive and putting staggered wheels on them. Is the Range Rover an exception to that rule?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well everything seems fine.. i heard from everyone i talked to there is always a chance that something will break or mess up but i was told to stay as close to the same overall diameter on all 4 wheels. i have 265-35-22 and 295-30-22 and they are real close to the same size. so even with the stock tires they are not always the same. you know if the front tires are aired more it can have alittle difference in diameter. so well see i kept my stock wheels with sensors so if anything happens i can put the stock wheels back on

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Right, as long as the overall circumference / revs per mile of front and rear tires is virtually the same in a staggered setup (I think there is a tolerance of about +/- 4% allowed), that's all that matters to the 4WD system. I used to run a 21" staggered setup (275/40/21f and 315/35/21r on 10x21 and 11.5x21 rims) and never had any issues, either. You just need to do your math carefully. Your 22" setup is also very close to stock tire size - you didn't upsize - meaning you should be able to use your emergency spare tire in case of a flat without ill effects. :thumb:

·
Registered
129 Posts
umbertob said:
Right, as long as the overall circumference / revs per mile of front and rear tires is virtually the same in a staggered setup (I think there is a tolerance of about +/- 4% allowed), that's all that matters to the 4WD system. I used to run a 21" staggered setup (275/40/21f and 315/35/21r on 10x21 and 11.5x21 rims) and never had any issues, either. You just need to do your math carefully. Your 22" setup is also very close to stock tire size - you didn't upsize - meaning you should be able to use your emergency spare tire in case of a flat without ill effects. :thumb:
I'm new to this forum.. though I'm pretty active in others... but regardless, Umbertob.. you are truly an asset to this community. You are like the oracle of moderators.

Enough of the compliments.. :hand: Was curious how the ride was w/ that wide of a tire and if you ever took it on snow in that configuration? I should be picking up my Rover this evening... and I'm quickly trying to figure out how wide I can go. Would that configuration be possible w/ 22s.

·
Registered
61 Posts
looks good man, its been fun chatting with you while you were getting your setup together.

My setup is very similar and I take mine out in the Colorado snow all the time, its the best plowing through snow while others are getting stuck

·
Registered
129 Posts
DoubleRsport said:
looks good man, its been fun chatting with you while you were getting your setup together.

My setup is very similar and I take mine out in the Colorado snow all the time, its the best plowing through snow while others are getting stuck
I'm completely killing the topic of this thread, sorry. What tires are you using for snow on the staggard setup, I'm very curious.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm running 285/35/22 all the way around, 285 is within the range of the 9 inch front and 10.5 inch rear. I'll probably end up going with a 265 for the front once these wear out but I had these tires left over after my stormers

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
kstatenupe said:
So do you get any benefits with the staggard look, or is in fact just for looks?
It will make an already understeering RRS understeer even more. So, no.

And as a bonus you get to deal with two different size tires when you get a flat and you can't rotate.

·
Registered
61 Posts
its just for looks, the rear fenderwell is about an inch wider in the rear so it fills it up a bit better but all in all its does nothing for performance or handling (probably more negative then positive)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if your tight on cash and want rims then get the same size rim all the way around and then you can rotate whenevr you want.. but with me i like the staggered looks better so i went staggered and i dont care about rotating tires. i'll just buy new ones when needed..

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
It will make an already understeering RRS understeer even more. So, no.
And as a bonus you get to deal with two different size tires when you get a flat and you can't rotate.
Wow, this all sounds fantastic, where do I sign up?
/practicality surrenders

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol i couple of us signed up already and man i love the understeer..

the car feels the same as it did with the stock wheels.. i only do city driving up to 60mph. sometimes hit the interstate maybe once a month and still feels the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts