Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New lower-/raising module & diag. tool - beta testers needed

Hi Everyone,
Just to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes right off the bat: this is a commercial thread - well, at least somewhat commercial. :p

While I am a long standing member here on the forum, I am not a RRSport owner - yet anyway. I've gotten together with two other guys who are active here on the forum (Christian (ChrisGAPInnov), Patrick (PatGAPInnov)) as GAP Diagnostic. We have two new products for Land Rovers/Range Rovers at the moment: the EASControl which allows the modification of the height parameters stored in the EAS ECU (and limited diagnostic functionality of the EAS system) and the IIDTool which offers diagnostic functionality on (nearly) all vehicle systems for the RR L322 2002-05, RR L322 2006-09, Range Rover Sport 2005-09, and LR3 2004-09. There are a couple of threads on the diagnostic and MKIII forums that one or two of you might have seen.

Both units are OBD. This means that there is no installation: you plug them in the OBD socket, use, unplug, and toss into the glove box. Once plugged in, you activate the system with the resume button of the cruise control. The menu is displayed on the RR's message center in the instrument cluster and the menu is navigated via the cruise control buttons. Unplug when you're done. That's it!

The EASControl is by far the most advanced method to raise or lower an EAS equipped LR – no wires are cut, no links added and no trips to a shop with a diagnostic computer. Limited numbers of the beta version are available at $250. If interested, please let us know via PM or email to [email protected] .

The advantage of the IIDTool over any other diagnostic system is that it is only about the size of a box of matches and requires no additional cables/laptops/etc. This unit is being offered in a beta version for testing at $365. We are contractually bound to offer only 50 units of each vehicle type (We've managed to secure a good deal for worldwide distribution for our products – we will announce with whom ASAP). If interested, please let us know via PM or email to [email protected] .

We are very interested in hearing your comments, ideas, or suggestions. And we will try to answer any questions you might have. There is also a little more detail in a post on the diagnostic forum.

I'll post some pics and poss a vid or 2 of the units in action on a RRSport ASAP.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Re: New lower-/raising module & diag. tool - beta testers ne

Steve, as I already told you on the diags forum this sounds like a fantastic development and, if I weren't already invested in both a different diagnostics system and ride height module for my 06 Sport, I'd be your first customer. At that price especially - even realizing it is a beta version - you should have plenty of takers. The interface alone (using the existing message center and steering wheel buttons... pure genius!) is revolutionary enough to make your product truly unique for these vehicles. :thumb:

·
Registered
2017 RRS Supercharged Dynamic
676 Posts

the EASCONTROL sounds like an interesting item, is there a web site or pdf with further descriptions of all its funcions and capabilities for the RRS.

For example;

- Does it allow me to override the speed sensor thus allowing me to drive (at any speed) at any height.
- Does it allow me to lower/raise the vehicle further than currently permitted by the built-in EAS.

or is it purely a diagnostic tool?

Many thanks.

Rafa

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

rafa said:
the EASCONTROL sounds like an interesting item, is there a web site or pdf with further descriptions of all its funcions and capabilities for the RRS.

For example;

- Does it allow me to override the speed sensor thus allowing me to drive (at any speed) at any height.
- Does it allow me to lower/raise the vehicle further than currently permitted by the built-in EAS.

or is it purely a diagnostic tool?

Many thanks.

Rafa
Hi Rafa,
We are working on getting our website up. Please follow the link to the diagnostic forum in the post above or to the thread in the L322 forum for additional info and some vids.

The EASControl is designed to be an advanced raising/lowering module for an EAS equipped LR - with limited diagnostic functionality for the EAS only (fault read/clear). The IIDTool is designed as the diagnostic system and, in addition to fault read/clear on the EAS, allows viewing live data and individual component testing (opening or closing valves individually, etc.) as well as fault read/clear on nearly all other vehicle systems (ABS, EMS, HEVAC, etc, etc). In contrast to other lowering/raising modules or links, the EASControl doesn't fool the EAS ECU into thinking it is at a height it's actually not at - the target values in the EAS ECU are actually changed. If Land Rover were to raise or lower your vehicle, this is the way they'd do it.

To answer your second question first: yes, it will allow you to raise the suspension above the standard off-road height (or lower your suspension in highway mode). At the moment, the heights are only individually changeable on the pre- 2006 RR L322 (i.e., off-road height + 15mm and simultaneously standard -10mm and highway -25mm). We hope to have an update to make this doable on all pre 2009 EAS vehicles in fall (beta testers upgrade free + Canadian Dollars $15 shipping costs). For now, on later L322's and the LR3 & RRSport the heights are modified together (all +/- XYmm).

To answer your other question: I drive off road with my L322 and I know that the automatic change out of off-road height at 50 kmh can be a real PITA. You negotiate a rough section at slow speed, then there's a good stretch of trail just long enough to drop you back to standard height before the next rough passage comes up - and you have to raise again. We have spoken about changing the speed settings for automatic height changes in this context. If we do implement this, though, it certainly won't be with an option to disable the off-road to normal height change altogether; that would put us at too much risk for liability suits. If, it would allow a max change of around 10-15 kmh (7-10mph).

To explain the function of the EASControl in somewhat greater detail:
Park on a level surface, plug the unit into the OBD connector, enter the menu with the cruise control resume button, and navigate the menu or enter adjustments using the resume button (enter function), speed + and – (menu/value up and down), and 0/1 button (short press=back, long press=quit). There are no wires to cut, no links or bits added to the suspension, and no computers/laptops/cables.

The EASControl will allow you to reset the vehicles heights permanently - and to return to factory settings at any time. When you first connect the EASControl to the vehicle, it reads and stores the height values in the EAS ECU. If you've changed the height settings and decide you want to go back to the OEM values, you plug the EASControl into the OBD connector and navigate to 'RESTORE DEFAULT' in the menu.

There is also a feature we jokingly call 'My EASControl' which will allow you to store multiple sets of values (profiles :) ). For example, you set the heights for city (all 4 heights a little lower than stock) and you set your heights for off-road all 4 heights a little higher than stock) and you can switch between the value sets (or profiles).

And a short vid of the EASControl in action in a RR SC with Christian narrating:
[youtube:1b3nhxui]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40GZ3KfGjo[/youtube:1b3nhxui]

·
Registered
45 Posts

very interesting kit indeed :) :)

Any plans for an upgrade to make it work with 2010/2011 Range Rover Sports and Discos? If yes I would definitely buy one.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Stevemfr said:
Yes, definitely. As soon as the work load allows... :roll:
Pls keep us updated, 2011 RRSC & hopefully it'll work perfectly for non US trucks.

·
Registered
282 Posts

While the truck automatically lowers at interstate speeds, does the EASControl module have the functionality to increase the amount it automatically lowers at speed? Also, how specific can you be when changing parameters? For example, could I set Normal height to .5-1" lower, while keeping Access and Off-road the same?

·
Registered
676 Posts

Keiphers; from what I understand, with this beta version whatever adjustment you apply, example -1mm, affects all the ride height modes by that same amount.

So if I want my normal ride to be somewhere in between access and normal I would input say -12mm, now all modes including access will be factory-12mm even off-road height will be factory -12mm.

Aparently the next sofware release will allow one to adjust each factory preset independently.

Steve, if i'm wrong please post your comments.

Rafa

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks Rafa - perfectly correct. Although I don't want to promise it for the next sw release... We'll see. We know how it can be done, implementing it is another issue. :?

Keiphers, at the moment we can only do the independent height value change for each height setting for the early L322 (like mine :dance: ). We will get to it ASAP - but I don't want to make any promises. At present, all other LR EAS equipped vehicles (aside from the early L322 2002-05) can only have the heights changed as a whole. The vid above shows the change being made in 1.11mins tho...

We will get to it ASAP.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Just to reiterate:
Stevemfr said:
...it will allow you to raise the suspension above the standard off-road height (or lower your suspension in highway mode). At the moment, the heights are only individually changeable on the pre- 2006 RR L322 (i.e., off-road height + 15mm and simultaneously standard -10mm and highway -25mm). We hope to have an update to make this doable on all pre 2009 EAS vehicles in fall (beta testers upgrade free + Canadian Dollars $15 shipping costs). For now, on later L322's and the LR3 & RRSport the heights are modified together (all +/- XYmm).

·
Registered
50 Posts

Wow this is really a good deal.
My only concern is what is going to be the difference between the BETA and the Non-BETA? Do we get to send in our beta units back in return for the full non beta when it comes out or how does that work?

2 thumbs up for these awesome products and awesome pricings

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

sheefo2k said:
Wow this is really a good deal.
My only concern is what is going to be the difference between the BETA and the Non-BETA? Do we get to send in our beta units back in return for the full non beta when it comes out or how does that work?

2 thumbs up for these awesome products and awesome pricings
Thanks sheefo!

Stevemfr said:
Just to reiterate:
Stevemfr said:
...(beta testers upgrade free + Canadian Dollars $15 shipping costs)...
:p

·
Registered
676 Posts

Hello everyone;

Ok so I ordered the beta version of the EAS Controller but I haven't a clue where to even begin.

For starters, where do I plug the unit. I see a plug (female) under the dash (driver side).

I'm hoping to not have to remove any panels and so forth.

Thanks in advance.

Rafa

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts

Yep, that's where the OBDII socket is, no need to remove any panels (I plug my Faultmate there all the time.) I haven't seen the EASControl module in the flesh, but from Stevemfr's description it sounds like it is indeed a plug-n-play unit. So, my guess is that you should plug it there, fire up the ignition and watch the magic happen on your message center. :wink: I am sure the module will arrive with hookup instructions, hopefully in English in addition to French. :lol: Keep us posted, and congrats on taking the jump and supporting one of our forum sponsors.

·
Registered
676 Posts

Thanks Umberto, I'll be sure to keep everyone informed of my experience with the device.

I haven't seen any pictures either, for all I know this is what i'm getting (below)

It fits in the overhead compartment of most C130's from what I hear.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts

Here's are a couple of pics of the unit. Patrick and Steve have been great with answering any questions I had. I will get around to messing with it this weekend and will post my experiences here after I run it for a couple of weeks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.