RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
costs to much, could ahve your whole interior redyed cheaper than this, would look the same brand new.
onetime

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dye doesn't fix the cracking or wear on the seats. I’ve seen seats dyed and I would opt for a new set of skins or find a donor interior first, just my opinion.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't mean to funny but are there not people that restore leather seats?, wonder what they could do on a set for £750. gold plate them maybe!! `) `)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Actually I suspect this is not bad value - although it looks like the pre 99 pleat style and most prefer the later style with the greater number of pleats.

i have had mine redyed a couple of times - most recently it cost about $A500. It's an ok job but, as is said, it doesn't get rid of the lines and creases (if they bother you), and it also lasts only about a year or so. I also recently got a quote to leather trim the glovebox and the equivalent panel under the steering wheel and the bits on the armrests on each door along with the fabric part in the middle of the door (with the bootstitching like the late autobiography models) - and it was pretty expensive. In short, good leather trim costs whether aftermarket or not. Also, the costs of leather trim from the stelaership is through the roof.

So I reckon if you had the cash and wanted an 'as new' interior then it's ok value

cheers

andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts