RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2000 Range Rover 4.6 HSE. First and foremost, I have to say that this board has been an incredible asset on my search for cars over the past month. The knowledge and information here saved me a lot of heartache and just as much, if not more, money in repairs on vehicles that I've looked at. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I've found a good one! :thumb:

One of the only issues I could find with this car is that it only comes with a single key - and it is not one with a remote. I would like to order a #1 Key / Remote for use with this vehicle. I found a few great sources using the search function, but it seems as if Land Rover's official policy has changed. The part houses I contacted said that I can only obtain a new key / remote directly from an authorized dealer.

I called my dealer and got a quote of $259.26 for the key plus labour for the synchronization process. Based on what I've read here, I am sure that I can do better. Has anybody gotten a better deal lately? If so, could pass the name of the dealership along so that can contact them?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts