RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all.

I know this has been beaten to death on this forum however I just saw a FB post today that there was a new infotainment upgrade from Land Rover. According to this guy, Rich, he took his 2017 RRS in for a service and received the upgrade free of charge because he said it was part of the service plan.

Does anybody have any information on this upgrade? Will it work on 2016? Lastly, was there a charge for the upgrade?

Screenshot of the post here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X3OP-QENemZsZ68p2DmvDaGq34x7xw_1/view?usp=sharing

The attachment button is not working on my computer for some reason.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Coworker of mine attempted to get his dealer to install CarPlay in his Velar. Dealer wants to charge him $399 for the software upload because it didn’t come standard with the Velar at purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the wife's 2017 RRS SCV8 in for its standard electronic issues and when I got the car back, the infotainment system was new. I didn't request the upgrade, they just did it.
highlights
- now the home page is not customizable block instead it is 3 fixed blocks, Entertainment, Nav and Phone
-the navigation does not have the enter address by state, town, street, house number. Now you just type in the address in a "search field" and it will find it on its own. Frustrating if you did it the old way for 2 years to try and figure it out.

other than that, it seems to work ok. Not ground breaking but better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took the wife's 2017 RRS SCV8 in for its standard electronic issues and when I got the car back, the infotainment system was new. I didn't request the upgrade, they just did it.
highlights
- now the home page is not customizable block instead it is 3 fixed blocks, Entertainment, Nav and Phone
-the navigation does not have the enter address by state, town, street, house number. Now you just type in the address in a "search field" and it will find it on its own. Frustrating if you did it the old way for 2 years to try and figure it out.

other than that, it seems to work ok. Not ground breaking but better.
I believe if you hold your finger down on the home screen for a while it will unlock a new area to customize what shows up on the home screen. You can also rename it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the infotainment upgrade done a couple weeks ago; it was free of charge due to issues with the previous version. The dealer would not activate CarPlay for free, however...talked them down to $100. 2017 HSE Td6 with the premium sound option.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Yes it has been discussed ad nauseam. Everything I take my truck in I ask if there are any computer updates and they run them. CarPlay and Android auto was done at no charge. I was told I would need to come in and get the OTA update later in the summer but I haven't had a need to go back so I haven't.

3g works so my traffic is displaying nicely.

I really like displaying my map on my screen in front of the steering wheel.

1. I wish I could just set it and forget it like on the 2018's.

2. I also wish that if I set my nav for directions from the head unit and then plugged my phone in to use either Apple Maps or Waze for nav/traffic that my LR traffic would not disappear. Apple and Waze can track at the same time but LR nav can't. It's neat to see which way is closest.

I do have a huge Waze issue though that only effects it on Apple Car Play but I need to search for it in these forums before I ask. I have to be missing something. Probably other issues as well.

Whether people paid or not could be a list of many different factors. Might be some answers in these but you probably read these already.

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-rover-sport-ii-l494/335856-carplay-receiving-calls.html
https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/24-range-rover-mark-iv-l405/334544-ictp-ota-updates-announced-v19a2-2.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the record, my dealer charged me $299 to install Carplay/AAuto. Tried to negotiate but nada. I did not purchase the vehicle from that dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts