RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, although I have been a regular guest for the last 8 years.

I had been shopping for an IIDTOOL for my L405, but until yesterday, the only one available was the IIDTOOL Pro, which is being quoted at $3,200. I emailed BRITPART to enquire when the BT version would be available, and Andrew Parkhill of BRITPART informed me that they had just distributed the L405 tool to a few dealers. He recommended that I check with LR Direct (of New York), Island-4x4 (UK) and LR Centre Ltd. He gave the item Code as DA6417.

LR Centre confirmed availability but said they had not yet set the price. They asked me to check with them next month. LR Direct had the part and quoted $678, sans shipping. Island-4x4 quoted BSP 320 (US$ 477), and BSP 50 (US$ 75) for shipping to my location (Kampala, Uganda). Naturally, I ordered one from Island-4x4.

Strangely, there is no mention of the availability/release of the IIDTOOL for L405 on the GAP Diagnostics website.

Has anyone got hold of this tool yet? Any heads-up on what to expect will be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Canrover. I went with Island-4x4, and had I received the package within 48 hours (I am in Kampala, Uganda). I decided to purchase an extra license for the L322, as well.

I am not sure whether this is the correct thread to ask this, but any assistance will be appreciated: I have a 2014 SDV8. Would the IIDTOOL have the latest Software versions of the ECUs on my vehicle, or would I need to drive to the dealer to have the software updated?

My nearest dealer is in Nairobi, Kenya; 700 kms away...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Hi Usua,
It will depend on which system you would like to update: some basic updates will be available on the BT but comprehensive flashing will likely only be available with an IIDTool Pro. We are still in the process of completing all of this and deciding which systems should be covered by individual user tools, so check back with us in a few months. We will work with you if you decide it is worth your while to upgrade to a Pro for the flashing capability. The best way to reach us is: support at gap - diagnostic dotcom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Steve,

I like the 'comprehensive flashing' proposition of the IIDTool Pro. I had initially given it a wide berth on account of its positioning as a workshop tool, as opposed to the stand-alone single unit targeting of the BT version. Given my special circumstances, it makes sense to invest in the IIDTool Pro, because I will easily recoup the outlay from the savings on the 1400-km round-trips to the dealer in Nairobi.

I will be in touch with Support to discuss upgrade options. Thank you for the heads-up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts