RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, when I had a Jeep I was on their premier site all the time... When I had a Bi-Turbo Ford the same... Now those are gone I need to have a solid resource for Q&A so I came here...

We bought a low mileage & very well maintained 14' Sport Supercharged and we really do love it. I've been getting used to the feel and controls the last 2 days before making an out of state trip with my girls. Just doing the usual checks for a road trip. I found the spare and jack but no lug wrench (Took a 1/2 drive wratchet, extension, and a socket that fits the lugs) and couldn't find the special lugnut tool to remove locking lugs either.. Surprisingly, no special lug nut bolt is needed on these lugnuts (double checked), and wheels. Build sheet said it came with 20's but she sports RR black 9 spoke 22's that must be aftermarket. I know where the jack points are in case as well. Anyways, hello, and here she is... She's going back to the dealer after the Holiday to get "Range Rover" lettering replaced on both the front hood and tailgate... (some dirtbag sneaked onto the lot and stole the letters "R" , "A", and "V" off of both the front and back before we could take possession. Also for a rim repair on the passenger rear rim @ the 5:00 position and address scratches on the lower rear "black" cladding from no doubt the same incident; from some clown at the dealer hitting something between when when bought her Monday evening to taking possession Wednesday afternoon. I'm kicking myself for not noticing it sooner but it certainly wasn't there Monday night and I positively didn't do it... Happy Thanksgiving to all!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome, and hope you have many happy years with your Range!

One thing I would recommend is to throw away that useless LR scissor jack, and get yourself a quality bottle jack, preferably a 3-ton one.

I would also replace the factory wheel nuts, as they tend to strip on the cap and then it's a hell of a mission to get the nuts off.

I'm getting a set of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N14W0VF

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your wheels appear to be 22” matte black the style is called “Stormer”. I don’t think LR offered a matte black finish so they are likely aftermarket as you indicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome!

You are correct, those are aftermarket wheels, the original Stormer version only went up to 20".

Also based on the picture, it looks like the previous owner changed the long horizontal trim piece above the license plate to black and the rear view mirror housings from white to black. Looks sharp with the black lettering and rims.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the great advice. The wheels I've learned are called "Stormer II's" and the lug nuts are aftermarket too and 2 sizes greater than 3/4" of standard lug nuts I've used/seen all my life. At least 3/4" lugs are standard on every other vehicle I've ever owned. Great advice too on the 3 ton bottle jack and losing the scissor jack. Only problem is where to lock it in at but I'll figure it out.

She did good on the twist mountain roads of Highlands North Carolina. Power... good night she has that! Super comfortable ride and planted in the lane, sure footed!

·
Registered
337 Posts
These are great cars for sure. My 14 was fantastic and love my 18 SVR. I regret buying a Volvo XC90R for my mountain house - I should have gotten a used 14/15 Sport. Dumb.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are great cars for sure. My 14 was fantastic and love my 18 SVR. I regret buying a Volvo XC90R for my mountain house - I should have gotten a used 14/15 Sport. Dumb.

Enjoy!
Tell us more about that 18' SVR... Sounds very sexy. A pic or 3 would be appreciated too!:love:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beautiful. Just curious- what's the tape over the window swtich for?
Not mine... but I'm sure it's because it's brand new off the delivery truck. I really love that red interior "Birdie3" has.

I'm digging the tri-tone "Mocha, Cream, and Brown" interior in my Fuji White Exterior RRS Supercharged. At first I thought a tri-color interior might be a little too much/busy but it's brilliantly blended and lovely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not mine... but I'm sure it's because it's brand new off the delivery truck. I really love that red interior "Birdie3" has.

I'm digging the tri-tone "Mocha, Cream, and Brown" interior in my Fuji White Exterior RRS Supercharged. At first I thought a tri-color interior might be a little too much/busy but it's brilliantly blended and lovely.
Window tint people put that tape on after tinting inside of glass. Do not open for 3 days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts