RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this doesn't offend anybody, but I want to put a rover mirror into an older Porsche. The wiring seems simple enough. This is the mirror I have...

[attachment=0:1zkghhlm]RoverMirror1.jpg[/attachment:1zkghhlm]

My first question is this; What features does this mirror have? I know it doesn't have Homelink, but it has the data window in the mirror, is it for compass, temp, or what?
Second and most importantly, is the wiring. It has 3 wires, a green with white stripe, green with brown stripe, and a black. What wire does what? I am assuming that one wire is for the reverse wire (disables the dimming when in reverse) but I am wondering how I would handle that wire if it is going into an older car, can I just eliminate that wire altogether?

I appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

I don't own a RR, but I am a parts guy. I frequent junk yards all the time looking for parts to sell, and I also get interesting parts to add into my own car. The reason I mention this is that I have a few parts from a Discovery that I want to sell. Is this community ok with a guy selling on your boards that doesn't really know much about Rovers? I don't want to step on toes, and I don't want to offend is why I ask.

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
gigamight said:
I don't own a RR, but I am a parts guy. I frequent junk yards all the time looking for parts to sell, and I also get interesting parts to add into my own car. The reason I mention this is that I have a few parts from a Discovery that I want to sell. Is this community ok with a guy selling on your boards that doesn't really know much about Rovers? I don't want to step on toes, and I don't want to offend is why I ask.
A big thanks for asking first. :thumb:

If you would like to sell items on this site you wil need to contact John to be set up as a vendor. His information is on home page.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
A big thanks for asking first. :thumb:

If you would like to sell items on this site you wil need to contact John to be set up as a vendor. His information is on home page.
I appreciate the pointer, will do.

Does anyone have any ideas on this wiring issue? Even if you don't know, can you point me in a direction? In case you are wondering, I have used the search button, but I only keep coming up with wiring up a Homelink mirror and the wire colors aren't the same.

Help please....

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
We'd have to know which model it is from first. It looks like a DiscoII mirror. In which case I would download the DiscoII RAVE manual from the internet for the schematics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a search and found the Rave disk, downloading now. I'll dig through it and try to find what I'm looking for.

Thank you so much for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts