RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front passenger side air spring finally gave up and could no longer pump air in to the old bag. Not bad for 120K miles on original air springs. It took me 3 hours to replace both front air springs (1st time). Most of the time was spent tearing out the little plastic knobs keeping the wheel liner up. Now I have to source some of these and put them on....anyone think I will have problems without them...highway speed... :pray: Only thing keeping them bolted in place is the 5 screws from my mud guards :think:

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
They keep water mud dirt and whatever else gets kicked up under there that may be on the road away from your precious engine bay. Best to re-fit them.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I've broken couple of those plastic things, too when I did mine. Why don't you stop by NAPA? They certainly have them in stock. I've even seen those things at Lowe's.

Yeah, I don't think you wanna drive around w/o the liner. Tires pick up a lot of pebbles and other debris, and w/o the liner it's all going into the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Put them back in place. Any water you hit will end up all over the engine and it doesn't like that.

The LR price for the fittings is around £0.50 each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts