RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
R8.

Dude - that's a swell ride and full noise mate ! Listening to that return pass brings back Michael J. Fox and those Delorean sounding days with Two extra cylinders.

By the way have you made an in car clip so we can also pick up the interior volume on throttle lift or kick down and that would be the true appreciation of hearing ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was going to redo this video with an HD camera to get better sound. That video came out way too soft, does not do it justice. I'll shot some interior clips while I'm at it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
R8.

The 'Blak Az Motha' is in town ! Love the sound on throttle lift-off & when stationery. Have you managed to get near the rev limiter to hear it stuttering as well ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, I like "Blak Az Motha" better then MO3. No, haven't heard any stuttering yet. The lift off sound reminds me of my Mustang. And half of those interior clips are with the windows up.

·
Registered
543 Posts
R8.

"B-A-M" - there's he goes, you can hear him before you see him ? Great to have the blokes from AAA Exhaust gave you an honest solution to your dis-honest ride !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

P.S. I loved the background sound track in your second vid, really suits the theme of 'driving it like you've stolen it' and I can't wait for you to wind up the boost.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It sounds very nice... though I would prefer the video without the "soundtrack."

How is the drone on the freeway? Would it be too much on a long trip? I like the sound a lot, but I'm concerned that on a long trip w/ a load (a trailer w/ my Z06 Corvette) it'd get tiresome. Are you still running the stock exhaust tips and the rear resonators, or did you change those too?

-TJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The drone is light on the freeway with no load. But when pulling a grade it does begin to drone lightly and gets loud when it downshifts and the revs pick up. I'm going to Bass Lake in a week, I'll let you know if the noise get to me. As for towing I think any exhaust will drone to the point of annoyance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts