RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2017 Evoque owner here with what might be a silly question. My Evoque has the InControl system. My phone is an iPhone 8. Whether connected via bluetooth or a usb device, music and calls are working fine. However, if I get a text message, the vehicle does not notify me. The bigger issue, really, is that when I try to reply to a text message on my phone using the microphone function on the phone, the phone cannot "hear" me. If I say "hey siri, send a text message to john doe", the phone hears me, the message function reacts and the screen comes up with John Doe's name on it. But when I try to speak the message, nothing. The phone cannot "hear" me. Any ideas how to correct this or what the issue may be?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, in past vehicles. This is my first Land Rover and my first experience with the in control system.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
I think you will find text notifications and voice control are not supported in base InControl. Your phone responds because it is voice activated. However there is no link to your Evoque save for bluetooth calls or cabled media source.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. So is that why my phone can't "hear" me when I try to send a text using the microphone function on the phone itself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The situation is the same whether cabled or bluetooth. If its not possible, thats fine. I just wanted to know so that I can stop looking for an answer :) You have been very helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts