RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a used '15 SVR. Replaced it last weekend with a new Estoril Blue '16 SVR. That blue is really stunning in person.

An unexpectedly excellent upgrade in terms of functionality from '15-'16 is the addition of seat heater control directly on the climate control knobs. The first thing I do when getting into the vehicle in the morning is turn on the heated seat, and having to wait for the infotainment system to finish initializing was a real drag. Yes I know there is a seat heater button on the console but that just brings up the control on the infotainment system and so is subject to the same startup delay.

But that blue color, wow just wow! I'll post pics.

The Seattle and Bellevue JLR dealers (same company) are a real joy to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Beautiful SVR! Hate waiting for the screen to initialize before cranking up the seat heaters, but I do enjoy the heated wheel while waiting.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Beautiful vehicles! I'm starting to think the blue is the only way to go for the SVRs.

I'm chuckling a little bit because when I think of Seattle weather in my mind it looks just like the first picture you posted :mrgreen:

·
Banned
103 Posts
just awesome. you are a lucky man!

the black is so sinister looking. but that blue is iconic for the RRS SVR. and aren't the brake calipers blue? perfect.

enjoy!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the brake calipers are blue. The black was really cool too. Other colors really show off a contrast between the trim and the body color though. The blue sets off perfectly against all that black trim. I also like the extra SVR badge on the passenger side dashboard, and the SVR emblem on the tach. Those weren't present on the '15.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you talk about the seats? How different are they from dynamic RRS?

Can you take a long drive in them?

Does wife complain?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh god, knowing there's a dedicated seat heater button makes it even harder not to upgrade my 2015 SVR to a 2016. The camera upgrade and HUD alone almost pushed me over the edge. Knowing the tach shows "SVR" now too makes it even worse.

Update: Dammit. You just made me email my sales guy asking about their 2016 allocations...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you talk about the seats? How different are they from dynamic RRS?

Can you take a long drive in them?

Does wife complain?
The seats are definitely less plush than the other models, and do not offer cooling. They're firm, and tight around the hips.

Still, I do find them comfortable -- when adjusted correctly I find them cocoon-like. I think a long trip would be feasible but I will admit that had I had the option I would have chosen ATB seats.

My wife does not complain. I got the deployable running boards for her and she likes those so much that it offsets and seat comfort issues.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The seats are definitely less plush than the other models, and do not offer cooling. They're firm, and tight around the hips.

Still, I do find them comfortable -- when adjusted correctly I find them cocoon-like. I think a long trip would be feasible but I will admit that had I had the option I would have chosen ATB seats.

My wife does not complain. I got the deployable running boards for her and she likes those so much that it offsets and seat comfort issues.

My SVR seats have a very contoured tight fit but are most comfortable. I have back and hip issues but theses seats allow me to drive for a couple of hours and not pay for it latter. I was very concerned at first because they are not plush like the ATB.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congrats.

SVR in Blue looks beautiful (all colours really, but blue in particular).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice setup! I really like that color, it's funny all the questions on the seats. I an tracking for a new truck in early spring once the 2017's are allowed to be ordered, I am most worried about missing the arm rests on the seats! It's one of the things I love about my Sport and my wife's LR4. It makes for a comfortable driving position. How does the arm rest compare?

·
Banned
363 Posts
Oh god, knowing there's a dedicated seat heater button makes it even harder not to upgrade my 2015 SVR to a 2016. The camera upgrade and HUD alone almost pushed me over the edge. Knowing the tach shows "SVR" now too makes it even worse.

Update: Dammit. You just made me email my sales guy asking about their 2016 allocations...
I hope to have these sorts of first world problems in the future. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice setup! I really like that color, it's funny all the questions on the seats. I an tracking for a new truck in early spring once the 2017's are allowed to be ordered, I am most worried about missing the arm rests on the seats! It's one of the things I love about my Sport and my wife's LR4. It makes for a comfortable driving position. How does the arm rest compare?
I haven't missed the arm rests at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great choice in color ..She's a beauty.
But then again I might be a tad biased .

Hmmm..I tried to post a pic of my SVR but when I click on "manage attachments" it just takes me to a blank page:?:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Eventually an ‘18 replaced my ‘16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts