RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tearing what little hair out I have, had the old gallery won't vent based upon algorithm error, had already removed the muffler from the original compressor five years ago, last week it came back,so suspect the compressor, just replaced it with a new areosus unit, still got the same fault.
Remove black pipe from drier and drop the ride height on iid tool and loads of air, put the pipe back in repeat, you can hear the solenoid valve click but no air exhausted, hence error code.
Any idea... Can't be the same fault in a new compressor that was in old one ??
Help.. going mad..
Pat..

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
We have no idea what year L322 you have. please reread the forum guidelines and add your Rover info to your signature. What on earth is an aerosus unit? Is some slang over there for the EAS compressor?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the front one apart today and it seems fine and solenoids work, or seem to be, on occasions the front wont go down or very slowly and then raises with error to clear obstacle and reset, dose the front vent through the black pipe and dose that join into the rear block, ?? car is a 006 v8sc cant edit my original post..

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
You can add your Rover info to your signature though.

the black pipe at the rear of the block would be a tranny vent. the front diff vent is usually by the radiator.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
info edited, post i can not.. my issue is with the EAS not venting nothing to do with transmission buddy...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Fenair, can you raise yours? I did the same thing and still get the same error. Mine won't lower and will only raise if it needs to in order to get to the normal ride height.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it will go up but only on the iid tool, simply won't do anything as it seems not to exhaust, you can hear the solenoid click on the exhaust valve but no air, if I remove the black pipe from the drier to the exhaust valve the car deflates on command from the iid tool.
So I'm either unlucky and have a duff exhaust valve in a new compressor or I have a can bus issue.
The fault code is the one for a blocked muffler, but as it's a new compressor it ain't that.
I can't deflate the system unless I disconnect the pipes at the drier or valve at the compressor, I have stripped out and rebuilt the front and rear valve blocks and blown through the supply lines.
The compressor won't only run a few seconds as it goes into error as the signal is not plausible from the pressure sensor not venting the gallery.
If I empty the air from the system it will run all the way upto 220psi, when it stops you can watch the pressure drop on the iid tool to 58psi but this is slowly venting through the exhaust valve, at 58psi the valve clicks shut and pressure stays at that point.
It should release pressure in a bust like a truck air brake, but just whisper out..
So I'm lost, and thinking I have maybe a fault in the communication or signal issues, or simply a duff exhaust valve on a replacement compressor??
I have reflashed the ECU and no change, if you lower it sometimes it thinks it's stuck on a rock and the front don't come down, I wonder if it's because the air from the rear springs is inflating the fronts as it can't escape and as both valves are open and the air dose not escape from the exhaust valve, so further complicates the fault..

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't think it's the compressor because I put a new one on and have the exact same issue. Everything goes great until it tries to vent. Saying that, I can't raise mine to anything above normal ride height. But I don't have a iid tool. I just have the icarsoft that clears codes, including the suspension. Did you recalibrate yours after putting on the new compressor? I didn't and have wondered if that's what the problem is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

faulty new compressor from aerosus... removed and sent it back, requested money back and bought another new one this time from island 4x4, i purchased the Dunlop branded one and it arrive next day, fitted the new compressor and problem solved, dose exactly as it should, re-calibrated the cars height in the EAS for good measure.
So just goes to show, that you cant always trust the fact that a new part is correct, sadly one would have hoped it would have been tested prior to dispatch but there we have it, non operational exhaust valve, the same issue as the original LR item that had done 122,000 miles.
On th eplus side i suppose, the car has had both valve blocks stripped and cleaned, air lines blown through and a lubricate so should be good for another 120,000 ....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine was a faulty new compressor supplied by aerosus, no i did not re calibrate as its not required, however once proved out the pump was at fault after buying another , i have for good measure just re-set the height to 19 1/4 inches all round.
I suggest you may have the same issue, i bought this current new compressor from Island 4 x 4 its a dunlop branded one, replacing the aerosus item, the dunlop item it did arrive with a broken muffler as its been dropped i assume as it was rolling about inside the box, but i elected to try the unit as it was here to see, and all works well, so i have put the muffler cone back in and used hot melt to secure, it dose not matter to me as long as the thing goes up and down as it should, which it dose.
so job done... just goes to show you cant always assume that a new part is working.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts