21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
About Dunlop air springs straight out of their website:

"About us

Dunlop Systems and Components was founded in 2007, following a management buyout of the Coventry-based vehicle suspensions division of previous owners Trelleborg AB. In the spring of 2014, the company moved to a new, purpose-built facility at Prologis Park in Coventry. This move ended a 95-year history at a nearby site in Holbrook Lane, Coventry."

So, Dunlop Systems and Components is probably an officially licensed manufacturer of Dunlop-named products. However, my guess is it has no relationship whatsoever with the tire producing side of Dunlop.
This proves that what I bought is a fake. Look close and see the complete 'D DUNLOP' logo on the products in the picture.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
There are two part nos in LRCAT for front air spring;

REB101740 - DUNLOP
REB000550 - FIRESTONE

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's interesting.

I was sure my Firestone was a factory fitted item. It has two o-rings.

Anyway I'm going to get another one, replace the Chinese bags and compare the results.

·
Super Moderator
2,988 Posts
When a company is doing a publicity shot, they are going to use products that have their logo showing proudly on them. They'll polish them too as I doubt you'll ever see air springs that shiny. Do the ones you've been sent have 2 O rings? If so, they are almost certainly the real thing.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
When a company is doing a publicity shot, they are going to use products that have their logo showing proudly on them. They'll polish them too as I doubt you'll ever see air springs that shiny. Do the ones you've been sent have 2 O rings? If so, they are almost certainly the real thing.
No of o-rings is not a good criteria to identify fakes. If someone can manufacture an air spring then putting 2 o-rings is not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Just send a picture of airbags you received to Dunlop Systems and Components. I'm sure they'll be happy to investigate and let you know whether it's fake or not.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
yah, must do that.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts