RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Rangers,
Two days ago, I heard a hissing sound coming from the front of Rover when setting to access height. Raising it to normal seemed to cure it till I got home. Once there it started lowering raising consistently. Leaky airbag. I did my research here regarding changing them out for the Arnott re-manufactured units where a massive debate is ensuing. Well today is Monday morning, I called Arnott Industries to ask them about the remanufactured and the new ones the offer, only to find out from Vanessa (very nice gal) that the new Dunlop bags that are usually listed at $799 a piece are discounted to $299 a piece - the same price as the remanufactured units!! They come with the limited lifetime warranty (non-transferable). If you're thinking of buying new Dunlop bags, now's the time, but you have to call them not buy online.

I will post back when I get them, which should be Wednesday. Can't beat that shipping time either.

Vanessa did tell me that this is a limited time offer, not sure when it will end.

Onash.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,963 Posts
FWIW if your going to go to the trouble of swapping out the front struts/ or bags,
it would be a better option to buy a brand new strut with a brand new bag.
NOTE this is more important if you have over 60K on the suspension as the struts will be worn.
NOTE the Arnott reman struts only get repainted and have new bags installed on the worn innards of the returned struts,
so yes you will get a new bag but could a strut that is worn more than your current part

NOTE the best price for this is from Island 4x4 in the UK,Last I checked
they run about 195.00 per strut and then shipping costs, do both sides.
Note Dealer wants 1200.00 per new strut plus installation
Get the Delphi struts

·
Registered
687 Posts
I just both a pair from island4x4, best prices anywhere on the internet. As mrmerlin mentioned buy new ones, the re manufactured ones make no sense price wise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me clarify, the Dunlop struts are new bags and new struts, nothing repainted, or remanufactured. The whole strut assembly is new for the price of the remanufactured unit. As soon as I get them in, I'll post a pic of them.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
this sounds like great news from Arnott brand new struts and bags for 299.00

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to update everyone: I ordered the bags on Monday, got them delivered on Tuesday. I had to wait till Saturday to do the swap out.
As everyone says, this is probably one of the easiest major jobs. I didn't have an 18mm wrench and had to go buy one from the hardware store. This is needed to detach the anti-roll bar connection.
The other issue I ran into was after installing both sides and putting everything back together, and after the test driver I heard that dreaded hissing sound from the other side. It took 15 min to get it out only to find the air line leaking at the joint to the strut. I sprayed some water and saw the leak. I ended up swapping out the o-ring on the brass nut and it seems to have cured it.
Through this fiasco, the batter can't hold a charge anymore. So tomorrow for the replacement.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Personally I wouldn't have Dunlop bags if they were free, very poor quality and well known for not lasting any time at all...

Use OEM Delphi...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts