RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consumer Reports named the new Disco at on of the top 10 worst cars of 2015?? Cited poor steering and transmission. I haven't driven one yet but this surprised me.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
They probably test drove it right after the Tesla P85D which earned a perfect 100 score. Everything is different. A big step down if one is expecting everything to compare to a Tesla.

Got to compare apples to apples. Not watermelons.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Interior wise, I think Tesla seats are as comfortable as a slated metal park bench and the cabin a bit tight/clautrophobic! And that's from my perpective as a smaller person ... can't imagine a bunch of tall/husky guys being that comfortable in there! Next time I'm at the LR dealership I'll have to check out the Disco.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,986 Posts
I have seen a tesla in auto shows and the interior looks low grade, comparable to Chinese made. Lots of sharp creases, edges etc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
The new Disco Sport has been beaten up pretty badly in a lot of the reviews I've read. The tranmission and engine being the biggest complaints. IMHO, LR could have done a better job with it - but at the same time, it's far better than the LR2. I also think it looks like a Subaru Outback. Funny things is, a few weeks ago, someone in a Disco Sport tried to race me in my RRS - why I have no idea... but I think the owner thought my RRS (2013) was the OLD version of their car... since they now carry the premium SPORT badge! Anoher marketing blunder by LR!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Interior wise, I think Tesla seats are as comfortable as a slated metal park bench and the cabin a bit tight/clautrophobic! And that's from my perpective as a smaller person ... can't imagine a bunch of tall/husky guys being that comfortable in there! Next time I'm at the LR dealership I'll have to check out the Disco.
+1. And don't get me started on the back seats.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Darn, I misspelled claustrophobic! Totya, I sat in the back with the new premium/performance seats with the raised bolsters at the showroom ... kind of felt like seats in a roller coaster ride ... I couldn't imagine sitting there for more than a few minutes, but people are buying for the technology and forgiving the negatives that would not make the grade in others cars of that price range. I do like Tesla and what they are doing, just not ready to buy what they are offering at this time.

Laszlo, you didn't tell us ... did the Disco guy beat you? `)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Here are a few quick pics of a Disco I took at a recent visit to the Dealership, we did get to drive a Black one, more about that later...
disco1.JPG

disco2.JPG

disco3.jpg

disco4.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts