RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to purchase new carpet and leather seat covers.

I have found carpet from a provider in Australia which I have read about a few times on this forum Ausclassics - Restorations - Moulded Car Carpets - Auto Memorabillia. Stuart Brown seems like a very good guy as we had a great conversation. His work looks very professional online. Delivered, the cost is probably somewhere between $1100-$1300 hundred dollars. Discussion Thread

Rimmerbros has carpet for $479 RimmerBros Link which they said matches very closely (via chat). Stuart also mentioned that his colors are not exact but close.
Has anybody had any personal experience with Rimmerbros carpet?

Also, I have corresponding with Lseat to get seat covers and have already coordinated a local upholsterer to install for $600. they do not have an SWB listed on their site but they do have an LWB option. I'm going back and forth with them right now to confirm that they have an SWB option. I have ordered the leather samples and I'm waiting for those to arrive. Does anybody have any experience with their leather seats?

This is not gonna be a show car so good enough is good enough.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lseat leather installed and I'm happy, I just finished this week. looks great but a few loose areas and a few curvy lines, (not for the OCD). As you said, not a show car. I ordered 2 yards of extra leather for future repairs or shift boot or whatever. I installed my own and I do not recommend installing yourself, 10 out of 10 for difficulty.

As for the carpets, I looked as well but the cost was just crazy. So, when I removed mine I made detailers carpet wash and went to town in my driveway and I'm very happy with the results.

Detailers carpet wash: 1 part liquid laundry soap (tide), 1 part liquid fabric softener (Downy) and 1 part degreaser (Super Clean). =MAGIC!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lseat leather installed and I'm happy, I just finished this week. looks great but a few loose areas and a few curvy lines, (not for the OCD). As you said, not a show car. I ordered 2 yards of extra leather for future repairs or shift boot or whatever. I installed my own and I do not recommend installing yourself, 10 out of 10 for difficulty.

As for the carpets, I looked as well but the cost was just crazy. So, when I removed mine I made detailers carpet wash and went to town in my driveway and I'm very happy with the results.

Detailers carpet wash: 1 part liquid laundry soap (tide), 1 part liquid fabric softener (Downy) and 1 part degreaser (Super Clean). =MAGIC!
Thanks for the great suggestions. I damaged the rear seat carpet a bit so I may be out of luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just received an email back from Lseat with samples of the SWB leather and it looks really nice. Unless I hear differently from this forum I’m gonna pull the trigger.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Heres a dumb question, what's the difference between SWB front and rear seats and LWB front and rear?
I have a 1991 SWB

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wasn't sure that was a difference but since Lseat specifically called out LWB on their site, I assumed. I just received cofimrmation from Lseat that they have SWB versions, but that I needed to buy the LWB version and just specify in the notes that I need the SWB version. From the pictures I think the difference is that SWB lines in the middle cushion run parallel to the bumper and LWB run perpendicular to the bumper. I guess the lines perpendicular "make the care look longer" 😆

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks,
If it just comes down to the orientation of the stitching that's not a huge deal.....I am super interested to see how you make out. What color are you thinking of going with??

On the carpets, I talked to Stuart in AUS as well not too long ago, sounded like a great guy.
Like Subfloyd I was able to salvage my old rear carpets after putting some serious time into cleaning them. And salvaging front carpets from a parts car. But would feel really comfortable ordering from Stuart.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i don't believe LSeat knows if there is a difference between LWB & SWB. they know they have LWB because I was the one who sent them my covers to make a pattern from. I KNOW I have a 95 LWB! I am very satisfied with my covers. geneo

·
Registered
21 Posts
i don't believe LSeat knows if there is a difference between LWB & SWB. they know they have LWB because I was the one who sent them my covers to make a pattern from. I KNOW I have a 95 LWB! I am very satisfied with my covers. geneo
Do you have a few pictures you could share?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is great. I have the gray interior and I’m just waiting for their color samples. I’m half inclined to switch to black.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts