RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my second key the buttons are really worn out. (check the attached pictures)

any ideas where I can get new ones? I called a dealer close to my town and he had no idea.

·
Registered
952 Posts
New buttons aren't available, you need a new key. And how the heck did you trash your key like that? My wife's '06 has 65k miles on it and the key looks brand new.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think you can buy a new key and then just cannablize it for the buttons.

FYI - mileage has nothing to do with how the buttons look. It's number of presses. Mine don't look that bad, but close.

I'd also like to find new buttons, but haven't yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought my range rover used. The other key is in very good condition but this one looks awful.

I may buy a used/broken key.. and take the buttons out.. It seems to be the easiest solution.

A new key and have it programmed for the car is it not worth because this one works great,just looks ugly

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the link.. i also found it.. It is may be cheaper to buy an used key from ebay.
Some times there are privat sellers they sell a used one for around 15$.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
the ebay 36 dollar one isn't OEM, I bought a new key for 40, and just swapped transponders and broke the laser cut key part of each and fit the original to the new key. I just epoxied it in there, works fine.

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
My door unlock button and rear hatch release button are the opposite of that shown in the ebay link.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i bought a second hand key from ebay just so i could transplant the keys on to my key, now it looks brand new and you would never know it ever had a problem.

Matt

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will may do the same.

I called the dealer where the car was originally bought for an extended warranty.

He will have a look in his inventory.. Do you know if one of the newer keys would work??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts