RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I recently installed 30000K HID fog lights and swapped the headlights too for the 30000K. The HID conv took 10 min total, no wire cutting. its the way to go. Also changed out every single indicator for 11 Super-Power Wide Angle High Flux LEDS. They are so bright and look great

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Murdered Out said:
I recently installed 30000K HID fog lights and swapped the headlights too for the 30000K. The HID conv took 10 min total, no wire cutting. its the way to go. Also changed out every single indicator for 11 Super-Power Wide Angle High Flux LEDS. They are so bright and look great

What do you mean indicator? You mean blinkers, battery, the dask board indicators? Do you have pictures of that also?

·
Registered
98 Posts
otoppero said:
I went with a LED for the "city light" it is so bright you can almost run them as if they are headlights. A beatiful medium blue that matches a 6000-7000 k HID bulb. For info PM me. I will try to post picks when I get my Range back.
I would love to see pics. After I installed my new PIAA's 168, I was told by another store that the LED are the way to go, except I would want white. I think our stock lights are pretty white, no? Same guy told me that the 168's are good for swapping out interior lights (Map, Dome Lights etc.). I may buy the LED's and put the 168 somewhere in the truck.

Can someone explain the difference in range like 6K or 30K HID. Is the difference brightness or color or both. Anyone know what comes stock on our trucks and manufacturer. I am just trying to decide if I want to change my headlamps. I would rather just try to match the Front Marker Light/City Light and Fog Light as close as possible to my stock headlamp.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
707 Posts
to make things easier to understand on hid there is only 4 colors yellow,white ,blue ,purple usually manufactures use the lower k's for yellow and the higher k's for purple

example 3,500k is usually yellow
4,300k is usually white
8,000k is blue
and 10,000k is purple
every manufacture has there own scale soame start with higher # so 30,000k would be there purple

·
Registered
98 Posts
jazejeff said:
to make things easier to understand on hid there is only 4 colors yellow,white ,blue ,purple usually manufactures use the lower k's for yellow and the higher k's for purple

example 3,500k is usually yellow
4,300k is usually white
8,000k is blue
and 10,000k is purple
every manufacture has there own scale soame start with higher # so 30,000k would be there purple
Are they all essentially the same brightness?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I put the 168's all over the interior and they look great, a nice blue color. But I don't think its bright enough, what can I use that would be brighter?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
what brand should I get and where could I buy them from? Will those also work for the license plate lights and the puddle light?

G

·
0 Posts
jazejeff said:
yes they usually are all the same brightness
but they just came out with a 55w hid kit which is supposed to be 50%brighter than the normal 35w hid kit
you sure bro? Both light sponsors i had for my last car explained to me how the higher the kelvin rating, the less visibility you will have, ie 4300 (stock on my last car) would have much better visibility compared to 10k, which in my experience was true, i tried 6k 8k and 12k on my last car, the stock xenons had way better visibility than the 12k but for looks i went with 6k and it was closest to stock in terms of visibility

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Pimpin
Hes talking about the watts not the kelvin rating.
I would be suprised if theres a market for those since the normal HID's are bright already and people complain.

·
Registered
177 Posts
On a subject of foglights -

Does anyone know how to bypass a stupid feature that activates foglights only when lights are in "Manual" mode? I want the fog lights to go on together with low beams when the lights are set to "Automatic"?

Eugene

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
You should "test drive" LEDs before buying them if possible. Several trailer owners have reported flickering / blinking problems with LED lights when their trailer is connected to the Sport. Besides trailers, I am thinking this may also affect lights installed in the car itself for some types of LEDs. The CJB sends some sort of built-in diagnostics pulse to all lights to check whether any bulbs are burned out, and the pulse can have unintended effects on LEDs, causing them to blink or flicker.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not Happy w/PIAA 168 for City Lights

I have been driving around for a couple of days with the PIAA 168 in the City Light/Front Marker Lights. I always run my fog lights (which in turn runs the City lights) during the day. It both, looks cool and it is safer, which is why motorcycle lights are always on. Anway, when I pull behind a dark vehicle at a light I used to always see my City Lights. Today, I thought two new bulbs had both blown because I couldn't see anything. I almost couldn't tell they were on when I got out to look at them. There is no way this buld gives equivalent light to the stock. They may look a different color or something but I just want white and I don't want to sacrifice visibility/brightness. I think I am going to try the PIAA LED option next. If that doesn't work, back to stock.

G

·
0 Posts
just to clarify for people who are interested in all the sizes (and for me because i want to know the size of the front blinker)... can someone post all the sizes...

headlight xenon bulb
foglights
front blinker
front driving light
side blinker
rear blinker

i really want to change my front blinker... thats the only orange left in my headlight now...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts