RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been mentioned a few times, but looking around for a new battery I found that the 'Bosch S5 S5 Battery 020 - 5 Year Guarantee' is available here in the UK at less than £160 right now at one of the largest auto factors, and I then found it for even less online.

If that is a good price, I am going to go get one, then install my old battery in the boot with a regulated charging loop with solar charging as well via dual panels mounted at the two rearmost side windows. I frequently spend hours patrolling at walking pace at night, in the cold generally, and batteries get very run down, it would be good to have something passively putting juice back in during the daytime parked up hours.

Anyone know if that battery is the biggest that can fit? There seems to be plenty of height spare in the battery compartment, if not necessarily much spare for getting batteries in and out! I managed to get a much taller one in already, but I had to pad around it as the clamps only work for a battery with a bottom lip.

Given the seeming sensitivity of the L322 to failing or low batteries, a two battery solution would seem to make sense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've just ordered a duel battery charging kit, going to put an Optima Red Top in the rear. What I hadn't thought of was to put solar pannels in the rear windows. Maybe not the optimal placement for the solar panels but would be neat, secure and save messing around setting it up every time I go for a 4/5 day fishing trip. Just got to find the right size solar panels now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts